Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polishing rim lips, the polishes and the sequence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing rim lips, the polishes and the sequence?

Iv polished some rim lips, I started with 80 and have worked my way upto 3000, I put some autosol metal polish on and they look amazing!! iv seen on here somewhere that there are more products than just polish, so what should i do next after i have a perfect finish with 3000??? do i just metal polish them and leave them??

I usually wet sand with 3k, metal polish, cutting compound (3m fine cut), swirl mark remover, cleaner wax, then sealer wax them.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

cheers, i was going to just metal polish them...il get some of those orderd, what do you do after you wash the car or every so often as you have to polish them again dont you?

Comment

usually a hand polish or powerball mini. then follow up with a wax to seal them again

Comment

Usually just wash the wheels with the car, and cleaner/sealer wax them every 3 washes. When I wash them I use 2 separate microfibers, one to clean, one to dry.
          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
          Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
            I usually wet sand with 3k, metal polish, cutting compound (3m fine cut), swirl mark remover, cleaner wax, then sealer wax them.
            Spot on.

Comment

After you wet sand up to your high grade paper use the polishing mops from rough to smooth grade and then use meguiars metal polish (just the brand I think is good) with the soft mop and finish with polishing by hand with same.

Thats my result and I only wet sanded to 1500 grit.
              Instagram @vave_dirgo

Comment

Working...
              X