Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber Arms VS Alignment

Hi,

I'm trying to figure some last minute details for my suspsnesion adjustments before my wheels arrive. I planned on rolling with natural camber but my desire to sit PERFECTLY is growing as I get more and more picky. I'm still learning so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.

My car is an altima coupe but a lot of my suspension parts are similar to 350z's/g35's.

*Any references to camber will be negative camber.

I understand what the purpose of camber arms are and same goes for alignment but why would you get camber arms when you can just go to an alignment shop that frequently deals with lowered cars and tell them what specific camber you want? (And they can keep your toe in spec also.) Reasoning:

1. You save money by not buying arms if you know EXACTLY how you want to sit (as in you picked correct offsets and widths right off the bat and you wont be altering ride height and adding / removing spacers often)

2. If you go with arms, then any camber adjustment you do on your own will mess with your toe, meaning that you will need an alignment anyway or toe arms

Responses I'm expecting to hear as to why one should get camber arms:

1. Once you get your wheels (assuming you want to tuck tire and close to wheel tuck), you can slam it right there and then and add the neccessary camber to not rub. This as opposed to driving possibly far to an alignment shop while rubbing / cutting into tires.

2. Convenience for when you want to add spacers or adjust ride height later on instead of having to get an alignment every single time (for people that frequently adjust their stance ).

3. If you live in an area without an inground alignment rack or if you can't fit on it.

4. More precise adjustments and a broader range of camber (going with SPL kit and setting -6 instead of taking it to an alignment shop and them not wanting to go that negative )

5. You like doing stuff on your own.

I'm pretty much torn between which to go with and the long run picture. I know that camber arms are a good investment for the long run, but I'm thinking that natural camber may be good enough. I just don't want to spend money unneccessarily but if it makes the most sense, I'm down to buy.

Also curious about if one should just go for SPL pro arms instead of SPC since SPL offers greater camber range in case you ever need it ( I know, it's a lot of camber but just in case).

Thanks,
    Alex
    Last edited by iaum09; 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM.

Long post lol

We don't have adjustable camber in the rear.

Camber increases by itself when the rear is lowered. Alignment doesn't change this.

Camber arms allow you to alter the rear camber independently from height

Comment

I know, but thanks. Ordered my arms =]

Comment

Originally posted by Pyropiggy2.5 View Post
        Long post lol

We don't have adjustable camber in the rear.

Camber increases by itself when the rear is lowered. Alignment doesn't change this.

Camber arms allow you to alter the rear camber independently from height
        You have ZERO oem camber adjustment?

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
          e30s don't have any rear camber adjustment stock either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
            e30s don't have any rear camber adjustment stock either.
            Nor do most cars haha. My Integra didn't.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nope, none.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                my mk2 has up to -3* in the front and none in the rear. the mk5 has up to -4* in the rear and none in the front.
                025garage

Comment

240sx's have 0 oem camber adjustment up front
                  just sayin
                  Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

most cars do not have any camber adjustment in the front, mainly toe front and rear, and rear camber.

tho cars that have stock camber adjustment will often not be able to get to a target point like -3degrees etc. camberarms will allow for even more, thats why people use them.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                    X