e36 fitment. 17x85 et13 : I want more tire than 205/40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 fitment. 17x85 et13 : I want more tire than 205/40

So I test fit the ACS type 1's saturday, and they are off getting refinished by Jaze.

Ill add pics tonight, but heres the deal. I live in NYC. 205/40's are just not gonna cut it.

That said, I am looking for a slightly larger option. I was thinking 215/45 for a bit more sidewall and a little less stretch.

But I need more opinions so i don't waste time/money.

The fenders have a decent roll already, if i HAVE to ill pull them a bit, but id rather not. The car is clean as shit and I like the flat fender edge.

I also have a lot of room to play with the coilovers too.

phone pics just cause.

?? i really dont get it, if you want more tire then do it.

i love acs, one of the top wheels for e36.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I want more tire. if you've ever driven in brooklyn, you'll know why. What im looking for is opinions on what will be the next best size up/brand.

Comment

215/40? 205/45?

Comment

215/40 is manageable while still driving low. If you're familiar with riffman's e36 on the blue fikses, he runs a 215/40 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonslackisrad View Post
            I want more tire. if you've ever driven in brooklyn, you'll know why. What im looking for is opinions on what will be the next best size up/brand.
            It's pretty simple. The more tire, the less low. You have to choose your compromise.

But if you want my opinion go with a 215/40 like Sean said. Buy 2, or even 1 at a time if you're not sure. Tires stretch MUCH differently based on brand so be careful. That's why I'd recommend buying in pairs to test if you need more stretch up front or whatever.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Cool. trying to find a balance.

Comment

215/40 in Falken 512 stretched perfectly for me on the exact same setup. There is plenty of sidewall and they look fantastic. My car is very low also.

All it took was a little fender roll and about a 1/4" of pull.
                Last edited by doubleu8; 03-29-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X