9.5 sawblades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.5 sawblades

will 205/50/17s be to much stretch for a 9.5 inch wide wheel? i need to know asap!

depends on the brand of the tire. Mounted it, and look for your self, If the tire does not touch the rim, then its unsafe, if it touches up against it should be okey. Ill post a few pics in a bit.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

205/40 on a 9.5, i would drive on it, since the tire touches the rim.

195/45 on a 9.5 i would not drive on it, since by the looks, the tire is not seated against the rim.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

i would try it and see if it works
        Hi!

Comment

the tires i got are pirelli sp? p6s and they wont go anywhere, we have tried the bicycle tube method, fire method and it wont go any where. any clue as to what else i can do?

Comment

isn't 50 too high? would bet on 45 series...

flickr

Comment

you need to do the fire method in a correct way.i just got called yesterday, by my friend and he could not get the tire on. 215/45 on a 10x17.i got there and saw they did it all wrong.

English is not my first language, but ill try to say it as good as i can.
              you need to smear grease on both edges, then push the tire down on the rim, so the tire seals on the side that is facing down to floor.
              then its also needed to tilt the tire on the top, so it will be sealed on one side and open on the other, and you need to connect the air hose, then its time to have some starter gas, spray for about 3 to 5seconds, then light it and time it correctly when you open for the air pressure, so the tire pops up on the rim.

hope that helps.
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

did not see that you typed, 205/50. it should be even easier then. good luck with the project.
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

how you said to do it didnt work.. hmmm there is a gap between the tire and wheel about one eighth to one quarter of a inch. i really need these on by friday :/

Comment

you need a cheetah........ where are you located? my buddy had a 215 35 on his saw blades and 205 45 so a 205 50 should be easy.... you just need alot of air pressure at a really fast rate (that is what the cheetah is for)
                    HoodRatStatus
                    Instagram @looneylow

Comment

I've got 215/40's on my 9.5 inch sawblades and no cheetah was needed. I used federal SS595's since they have a more flexible sidewall. Just a good amount of pressure to mount them (I can ask my local tire shop on the specifics of what they did to mount them if you need - I wasn't around to watch their inflation/mounting procedure).

Really interested to see how the 50mm sidewalls look on a 9.5! Let me know if you get them mounted soon! I'm assuming that the taller sidewall will give you more flex when mounting, so 205's shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you are running a good amount of PSI in the tires (I keep mine @ 40-45psi).

good luck man! What car are you mounting these on?

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Comment

i think you will be ok
                        good luck though!

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                          depends on the brand of the tire. Mounted it, and look for your self, If the tire does not touch the rim, then its unsafe, if it touches up against it should be okey. Ill post a few pics in a bit.
                          Uh.... yea thats bullshit.

been driving like that for almost a year, absolutely no issues, doesn't even leak more than a normal tire. Thats a 215/40 on a 10

The necessity of a cheetah depends on the design of the barrels more than the amount of stretch. Its all about sealing, if the tire isnt sealing when its mounted on the barrel and leaks too much air then you obviously need a cheetah. Otherwise you can mount the tire like any other tire.
                          Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Working...
                          X