Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8J x 18" AMG Mono II - Tyre Stretch

Guys,

I currently have a low (not slammed or stanced) W124 coupe running 18" AMG Mono II's.

Problem: Currently running 215/35/18 - Nankang NS2's, lovely tyre, fits perfectly but im just not confident driving around with such a thin tyre on the front. I need something slightly meatier, but not too meaty! Did try the 225/40.18 with Bridgestones and it was fine...unless someone sat in the passenger side!

So I was wondering if someone could advise if there is alternative size/company that I could try, perhaps something between the two tyres I have quoted above?

Only other alternative is to up the spring pads on the front (increasing the height if the car by 4-6mm ish) and wacking on the 225/40's again?

Any thoughts?

Welp the only tire size between the two you posted really is a 225/35. What do you think you need "meatier" tires for? Is the car too low with the 215/35?

Comment

Ive buckled two wheels running 215/35/18 on the front. Ideally id want a 40 profile tyre on there...but I need the tyre wall to tuck inside as much as possible because the 225/40/18 caused the tyre to rub against the wing

215/35's have tucked inside well, but just dont have enough rubber really. The car is a touch too low on the 215/35's yes.

Comment

I would suggest going the other way, rolling fenders if not done yet or even doing a amg fender mod.

Comment

215 40s or 215 45s

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCripple View Post
            I would suggest going the other way, rolling fenders if not done yet or even doing a amg fender mod.
            OK - that sounds interesting mate, and a realistic way of incorporating a 40n profile tyre under the wing without drastically changing the stance of the car.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X