No announcement yet.

How long do your tires last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my knowledge only goes as far as to its a common issue, i have a friend who is a tech at a vw dealership which is how i know its common

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Have him align it then if he knows the problem

If it is a VW problem I would have them align it for you, for free or low cost. That is what I would try first.

Comment

i dont fit on the rack :p

im just lazy, theres a shop down here that will align anything you bring them, they do all the serious cars down here. One day ill get off my lazy ass and do it

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

im unning -2 rear but my toyo proxes last about 7k miles. so i will replace them after 2-3 years haha

Comment

Track status:

I know what I'm doing:

I actually got compliments on my fitment when I was at the track, I didn't even think real life people talked about that kinda thing.

I get about 10k miles on my front tires, 7k on the rear.
            Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

T&P...

I'd get all new tie rods and fully disassemble them and lube liberally w/ anti-seize, even the lock nut/bolt (depending on your tie rod design). I always do this when doing suspension work on cars. It pays dividends later.

- I know a great AST dealer, ask me about them.

Comment

As long as i want them too,

if i don't burn threw them
                Chris-

Comment

You know, it wasn't until I really started thinking about this that I realized that I usually use needing tires as an excuse to buy a new set of wheels.

The exception being that on my old A4, with about 7degrees of camber in the rear, I'd go through tires in about 10 thousand miles, IIRC. IDK, that has been a few years.
                  Last edited by hover; 07-26-2009, 06:28 PM.
                  I like to modify things.
                  flickr
                  Inyo Photo
                  -Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Stolzy View Post
                    im unning -2 rear but my toyo proxes last about 7k miles. so i will replace them after 2-3 years haha
                    Either lots of toe, dead RTABs(if BMW) or you do LOTS of burnouts. Even the T1R should get twice that life and -2 is really not a lot of camber.

Comment

What about now dooders.

Comment

I'm not stanced but my POS tires have lasted me a good few thousand miles and are still at like 70% tread. I mean they would have more but I like to do burnouts.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

From what im reading, negative camber does not wear tires as much as toe? Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey J View Post
                            From what im reading, negative camber does not wear tires as much as toe? Is that right?
                            True.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by hover View Post
                              You know, it wasn't until I really started thinking about this that I realized that I usually use needing tires as an excuse to buy a new set of wheels.
                              Same here. My last 3 sets of wheels have been acquired because I needed new tires lol.

Comment

How much does a alignment cost these days?

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X