Question about bentley wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about bentley wheel fitment

Hi guys. I have just bought, (actually it is shipping tuesday so I don't even have it yet), an '08 Passat wagon with the 3.6 and 4motion. After looking through a million and one pictures I think what I really want are some bentley wheels, preferrably 20's but maybe 19's. They are all 9" wide with 41mm offset and 57.1 centerbore. My question is, will I need to get them machined to get that extra 5-10mm offset I need to keep them from sticking out? What is recommended for my car seems to be 45mm but that is with an 8.5" wide wheel. Anyone done this particular fitment already? I am not sure but I think you can get like a 35mm on a fronttrak car but I believe the 4motion pushes the wheels out further. Any help would be appreciated!

Here's some pics of the car stock.
    Attached Files

I would highly recommend against machining the wheels down. Also, especially to most people on this website, a 41 offset is just fine, especially if you are at stock ride height. Even if slammed, something like a 225 or 235 tire would solve any fitment problems you might be having.
    IG: pwwhite

Comment

When people machine the back of wheels it's to get a few mm's....there's rarely ever enough meat there to shave 10mm. It's more like 3mm

Comment

Have you considered rolling your fenders to get the wheels to fit in?
        "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

Bentley wheels

I haven't gotten the car yet, so no test fit and I am not sure if the fenders come rolled like audis do or not, but if they don't and it would help, I will borrow my buddy's fender roller and go to town on it. I wasn't intending to machine off 10mm but I would feel comfortable doing 5 if I had to, as long as there was enough meat back there and not hurt anything. I have done it several time before and never had any problems. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming guys.

Comment

Working...
          X