tire size help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire size help

i drive a mkv gli and im gonna be running 17'' porsche twists 17x7 et35 fronts and 17x8.5 et55 rears with a 1.25'' adapters on all fours. Now my question is what tire should i run? i was thinking about a 205 40 17 but i really have no idea. Help is greatly appreciated.

here are the pictures on how they sit.

DSC_0057 by dsalbo, on Flickr

DSC_0044 by dsalbo, on Flickr

DSC_0042 by dsalbo, on Flickr

DSC_0039 by dsalbo, on Flickr

DSC_0026 by dsalbo, on Flickr

?? help please

Comment

205/40

Comment

Absolutely not 205/40/17. That's a MK3 sized tire, it looks like shit on MK4s and will look even worse on the bigger MK5s. 205/45/17 is what you want.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

okay well do u know where i can get some for cheap? i found some 205 40 17's federals for like 48 a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
            Absolutely not 205/40/17. That's a MK3 sized tire, it looks like shit on MK4s and will look even worse on the bigger MK5s.
            Lower it more.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
              Lower it more.
              Doesn't work. You'll lay subframe and still have wheelgap and not fill the fenders. Plenty of MK4s that are bagged have this problem bc of baby tires

Flickr

Comment

considering that i have 225 45's on my classics right now i ithink im gonna go with a 205 40

Comment

Overall tire diameters

225/45/17: 25.0 inches
                  205/45/17: 24.3 inches
                  205/40/17: 23.5 inches

Go with 205/40s if you really want but expect your car to not sit right and eventually changing them

Flickr

Comment

omgzzz this is so hard lololol i think im gonna go with 195's in the front and 205's in the rear now im only thing is idk wether to go with 45's or 40's

Comment

45 series. I seriously do not understand why you're having so much trouble with this. I've laid out exactly why 40 series will not give you what you want yet you continue to try and justify 40 series for yourself. Good luck finding a 195/45/17 tire though, don't know how many companies make that for the US market

Flickr

Comment

op i think you should listen to aaron, he knows what he is talking about.

40 series on mk4's look like baby tires so i cant imagine how bad a 17 with a 40 series size tire would look like on mk5...especially a jetta

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

205/45/17 falken 512s. 399 free shippig on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                            45 series. I seriously do not understand why you're having so much trouble with this. I've laid out exactly why 40 series will not give you what you want yet you continue to try and justify 40 series for yourself. Good luck finding a 195/45/17 tire though, don't know how many companies make that for the US market

i can get 195 45 17's yokohama s drives, im gonna go with 45's but wont 205's on a 7'' wheel look too square?

Comment

ended up going with 205 40 17s there nankang ns1's and i got em for 260 which is good as fuhhhhh.

heres how they look

Comment

Working...
                              X