School Me On Fender Rolling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjh102 View Post
    i actually considered doing it that way.
    I did a wee bit of metal bumping on Rusty when the ol' girl was in town. It really is a tried and true way of making shapes in sheet. My level of precision leaves something to be desired, but still.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
      I did a wee bit of metal bumping on Rusty when the ol' girl was in town. It really is a tried and true way of making shapes in sheet. My level of precision leaves something to be desired, but still.
      lol it looks good on ur e21 thats all that matters.

Comment

phonebooks

Comment

Originally posted by bjh102 View Post
          lol it looks good on ur e21 thats all that matters.

We can thank the body shop for smoothing out my work.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I had a bodyshop in wichita do mine for 100 when the car was already in for paint on the front end. I also paid for the rental of a fender roller for him to use.

I really dont think its hard though. I need to roll the rears some more to fit spacers so im going to do it myself next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mipktb View Post
              Conclusion: I will be paying somebody to do it.
              Honestly, I would expect a shop to crack/chip the paint too. There is only so much you can do to the fender without messing up the paint.

Comment

Heat gun.
                Take your time. I let someone else roll the fenders on my car and they chipped my paint pretty bad. From now on I'll do it myself. Then I'm the only one to blame.

Comment

You can see where I screwed up. If there are little tabs on the inside that secure the fender liner like on mkIV Volkswagens, make sure to fully cut them out first..

Comment

Originally posted by akoehler View Post
                    If there are little tabs on the inside that secure the fender liner like on mkIV Volkswagens, make sure to fully cut them out first..
                    +1 on that, and check for any screws/etc on the lip itself. my fox mustang has a screw at the top of the lip that if not removed, has been known to do DAMAGE when fender rolling
                    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Working...
                    X