Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few Questions about my first 3 piece wheel re-finish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions about my first 3 piece wheel re-finish.

I recently acquired a set of 18x8.5 +37 SSR Agle Strusse's. Not the most popular SSR wheels out there but for $150 i couldn't go wrong. they even came with a set of 245/40/18 toyo proxes with decent tread that i was able to sell off for $100. so my SSR's only cost me $50!! I found them on Craigslist turns out the guy's cousin gave him the wheels and he didnt know what he had and he was trying to put them on a Dodge Magnum, WTF.

Now i know the specs aren't too crazy but it it should be a perfect fitment on my 1991 Galant Vr-4. which i have already fitted with k-sport coilovers.

When i received the wheels the guy i bought them from already removed the faces, so i am currently rebuilding them but i have a few questions.

1. I plan on getting the faces Hydro-Dipped in wood grain, How careful should i be with the very edge of the face? should i not have them apply it in the edges so that the face can be placed it the barrel?

2. Does anyone know where i can get the torque specs for these wheels?

3. Any suggestions on cleaning the bolts? i Heard Diet Coke works

4. it turns out that the wheels were drilled from 5x114.3 to 5x112 will it still be safe to use as a 5x114.3? The taper seems fine it just looks like they knocked the holes over a bit.

Thanks for the help and I'll post pics as soon as i start working on them
    Straight Outta Wiscompton
    Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
    Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Originally posted by Team_Gileto View Post

1. I plan on getting the faces Hydro-Dipped in wood grain, How careful should i be with the very edge of the face? should i not have them apply it in the edges so that the face can be placed it the barrel?
    You should ask the hydro-dipping place how thick their coating is.

2. Does anyone know where i can get the torque specs for these wheels?
    Have you tried contacting SSR?

3. Any suggestions on cleaning the bolts? i Heard Diet Coke works
    Coke works because of the phosphoric acid content. Some people use vinegar (acetic acid) for the same purpose. Or you can use a wheel cleaner, as those are also acidic.

4. it turns out that the wheels were drilled from 5x114.3 to 5x112 will it still be safe to use as a 5x114.3? The taper seems fine it just looks like they knocked the holes over a bit.
    No. 5x112 is not 5x114.3, and it is not close enough to just fudge it- not by a long shot.

Comment

Working...
    X