Need help dialing the stance in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help dialing the stance in

Last edited by wnamane; 04-01-2021, 05:36 PM.

VIA MaxBimmer.com

Now your probably all thinking, "Oh another TIRE calculator. Pretty cool, I guess."

Well SHUT UP, you don't know anything! These are ALL of them!

Here are some handy tools that are handy, I figured I would post them so they will be handy.

Offsets calculator

Trying to figure out what rims will fit your car. This EZ automotive calculator will help with understanding how to adjust your wheel offset. It will tell you if you need Zero, Positive or negative offset wheels and how much.

This one has some basic information that explains what offset means and how it is measured.

Tire size calculator

This is good for making sure your tire specs are similar to OEM so that your VDC does not go crazy.

Tire stretch
    Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

Good visual examples of what size tire vs what size rim. (Note: different brands will stretch differently)

Rimtuck (personal fave)

Examples of fitment with all specs of wheels and tires.

Comment

and what about www.willtheyfit.com ?

flickr

Comment

Are you asking what tire size you should run on those wheels? Or how to stance an e30 on 17s? The latter is beyond stupid, but have a go at it if you insist... you'll give up soon and switch to 15s or 16s. You can add lips and bodykits all you want but e30 and 17" should never be in the same sentence IMO.

Comment

Last edited by wnamane; 04-01-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Last edited by wnamane; 04-01-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

So essentially a spacer. I would look at existing e30 setups and figure out their offset/width and go from there. If you don't know how to do the calculations but know the car's spec someone here can help you, but you need a reference point. Or just measure.

Again though, I strongly urge 16s or smaller.

Comment

Also just for reference my 87 coupe is flush when I add 2.5" lips to the RSs up front and 3.0" lips in the rear. That makes the fronts 15x8.5 et 6 and the rears 15x9 et 0. Basically any 9" wide wheel with a 0 offset will be close to flush on a metal bumper e30 in my experience, you'll have to dial in a bit of negative camber. Fiddle with offsets from there to go where you want. On that 9.5" rear you'll want a good 50-55mm of spacer, which is ludacris

Comment

Working...
                X