20" rebarrel to a 21" step lip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20" rebarrel to a 21" step lip?

i spoke to rotiform and another wheel guy a few minutes ago who told me it couldn't be done -- any thoughts guys?

thanks!

If rotiform told you no, i'd trust that.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
      If rotiform told you no, i'd trust that.
      hahahaha fml. you're probably right

Comment

I don't see why it couldn't be done...would need to get new barrels too of course...

Comment

put the 20 inch barrel next to the 21 inch barrel. the physics alone is common sense.
          2006 M3 Cabrio
          2004 ZHP Cabrio

/stanceworks\

Comment

Originally posted by SIN3 View Post
            put the 20 inch barrel next to the 21 inch barrel. the physics alone is common sense.
            wait, i don't get it. i'd like to use a 20" face in stepped lip 21" barrels -- i'm assuming that the reason why it can't be done is because these kinds of barrels are impossible to source. what does physics have to do with it (genuine question)?

Comment

If you want to step up 3 piece split rims then the barrel and dish has to be changed (unless you can get some very weird tyres ? !!)
              search maverick wheels on facebook .. shiny shiny wide wide

Comment

it can be done, but you need a set of custom set of barrel / lips.
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

weren't these 20"s at one point??

If there are any hat3rs in here right now that don't have anybody to hat3 on, feel free to hat3 on me.-Katt Williams

Comment

Rotiform, told me the same. < not true. I'm having a set of 19s made into 20s right now. I can give you a phone # if you'd like.

Comment

I'm not saying its impossible in the sense that it can never be done, but if a custom barrel needs to be made then who is going to do that? Its not like just anyone can contact these barrel companies and say "hey i need this, thanks." Those guys could give a shit about your custom barrels when they're making sets in the hundreds.

Also what wheels are they?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Rotiform made my 19'' SJC's with 18'' faces. I have 19'' lips and barrels.
                        The things you own end up owning you. It isent until you lose everything, that your free to do anything. - Tyler Durden

Comment

Tunershop sells custom barrels. Dunno if they go up to 21" though. I was going to have my vs-xx stepped to 18" because I'm not a huge fan of flat lips, but it would cost around 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeotch View Post
                            Rotiform made my 19'' SJC's with 18'' faces. I have 19'' lips and barrels.
                            That's also because that is their own wheel design, and they designed it so that you could do that, so they have barrels for those wheels readily available. But barrels and lips are not universal, hell there are like 5 different barrels for BBS RS' in one size alone.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I would say it depends on the wheel in question. "Most" wheel centers for step-lips do not measure out to just a inch different then the lip / barrel. Typically it's a whole different dye used to produce step-lip faces vs. reverse lip faces. Thus, it really comes down to the wheel face.

Milt- Yes, I'm pretty positive that VIP Modular converted Kennedy's 20's into 21's. They use the same step lips as HRE, which are a inch different, and so converting them isn't a issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X