Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs fees?

N00b here !

Guys - if I am ordering the wheels from Europe - do I have to pay custom fees when they arrive or what's the deal?

Any tricks - like they list it as a "present" or something?

Thank you!

Bump!

Nobody? Come on!

Comment

ttt

People, r u for real !

Comment

Yea, you'll pay what ever your countries sales tax is on whatever the declared value is or the insured value (I can't remember American sales tax)

And brokerage fees from whatever company that lands them, be it UPS. Fedex, DHL whatever. It's either a percentage or a flat rate for the size of item.

The gift thing won't really work coming from Europe and if you declare it as a gift and still insure it for X value then the shipper will be paying the extra amount (which in the end is really you)

Comment

i dont know if this helps but i had a coilover set-up shipped from overseas using the postal service, went thru customs of course, and then arrived home all in just a matter of a few days. i did'nt have to pay anything extra to anybody period.

Comment

This site probably has a list of fees and taxes applicable to import.

Comment

Guys, thank you!

Spoke to the customs rep here in Vegas - he claims it is just 2.5% on the declared value.
              Sweet.

Comment

Working...
              X