No announcement yet.

The "Most OVER-rated wheel thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my 18" Super RS are pretty neat.. not everybody has those..

Comment

People who rock oem steelies on purpose
      -Drake-

Check out: www.midwestce.net

Comment

BBS RS/RMs, while certainly a sweet mesh wheel they qualify as overrated. I think it's mainly because they're multi-piece, and then that opens the can of worms that most multi-piece wheels are overrated. I say this because as soon as someone finds a wheel with real bolts in it, they slap an astronomical value on it and subsequently drool over it's 'worth'. Not to mention how easily they bend...in a normal consumer product that would devalue them immediately!

Dope Monoblocks are where it's at. 16" staggered TSW Hocks

Drive:. Dope Shiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
          Diamond Racing steelies

thank you, widened steelies too.. well unless the car is 40+years old and not trying to go down a performance route

Comment

Since the thread has become two, I am referring to OVER RATED

I think Work Eurolines, SSR Vienna/Kreis, or whatever else look that way completely ruin cars.

Also, many modern cars try to rock SSR Professor SP1 type wheels, with the really wide spokes, and it ends up looking atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Restoring View Post
              BBS RS/RMs, while certainly a sweet mesh wheel they qualify as overrated. I think it's mainly because they're multi-piece, and then that opens the can of worms that most multi-piece wheels are overrated. I say this because as soon as someone finds a wheel with real bolts in it, they slap an astronomical value on it and subsequently drool over it's 'worth'. Not to mention how easily they bend...in a normal consumer product that would devalue them immediately!

where did you get that from?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Restoring View Post

But your avatar is of a mk4 on rs'. I am perplexed.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I've hit some gnarly potholes in my old RSs and I have not had them "bend."
                  Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                  Originally posted by Jedidiah
                  he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

I'm sure he wasn't questioning the quality of RSs, but most replies to a photo of a MK4 on RM's is usually followed by; "I WOULD SELL MY MOTHER CUNT FOR THOSE". I digress, refinishing 3 piece splits is not for the faint of heart and a 1,200 price tag is sometimes justified. ((but even I find 24k bolts mighty homo))

This thread is pretty meh, CCW, DiamondRacingSteelies or BORBET A's are not even present in my local scene. ((damn you * are spoiled))

* Edited for offensive language.
                    Last edited by Oxer; 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

There's a set of white 15x8 Diamond Racings in Weinerpeg... almost bought them for Mochi but now I don't know who has them.

BBS RS are stupidly overpriced considering how common they are.

Comment

BBS LM's, yea.....I said it. Not dissing BBS because I love them, just sick of seeing LM's and all the knock-offs.

SOLD My feature: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Don't TSW hocks bend super easy? Am I missing something?

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                            Worrying about wheels being "played out" or "too common" is like all the highschool girls worrying about wearing the same prom dress as another girl at school. It's silly.

If a wheel look sick, it looks sick. Who cares how many people run the same wheel? They're still awesome.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              where did you get that from?
                              Maybe I was thinking of RMs...I've just heard a few horror stories.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              But your avatar is of a mk4 on rs'. I am perplexed.
                              Because it's a nice picture homie.

Just to remind everyone the thread is 'Most Overrated Wheel', so I feel the RS is Overrated. That doesn't mean it isn't a sexy wheel, I just don't jimp over them. Wasn't trying to offend anyone.
                              Drive:. Dope Shiz.

Comment

I can't believe no one has said it yet.
                                Corvette sawblades.

I cannot stand these things.
                                1973 Volkswagen squareback
                                1985 F250 4x4 T19 6.9
                                2014 Chevy spark
                                2003 Toyota Echo

Comment

Working...
                                X