WEDS Adula... I think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEDS Adula... I think?

QUICK OVERVIEW: Don't really know exactly what the wheels are named. Also trying to find out if I can use lips from another manufacture on these wheels.

So I acquired these wheels a few years ago off of a guy on Craigslist in SF, CA. Originally I assumed that they were just a one piece wheel and that they were gonna be crap (judging from the cell phone pictures he posted). When I went to check them out I was pleasantly surprised! I noticed that these were indeed multi-piece wheels and so I bought them on the spot. They needed A LOT of TLC but I just had to have them.

After a lot of time scouring the internet I found no results for these wheels, with the exception of VWVortex and an online store in Korea that still carried these wheels, and more recently on VRWheels.com's website. All three sites had minimal information, So I still have no clue what these wheels are really called, or even where to find spare parts for them. If anyone here could help me identify what these really are, it would be greatly appreciated!

Printed on the actual spokes are three different words;
    Adula, Ruota, and Soave which is apparently Italian for Flatters, Wheel, and Soft

IIRC WEDS had a contract with Bertone of Italy to produce wheels and car accessories. I am wondering if this was one of the wheels produced for them.

I want to buy larger stepped lips to replace my haggard (drop?) lips for these wheels. I know given the dimensions of the faces I could probably order some custom lips from Tunershop, but am trying to save some serious money by buying some used lips off of another OE wheel (i.e. Futura lips or something).

Please chime in with any information you may have, I want to find some other OE lips that could be used on these!

- Carlos

anyone know anything about these?

- Carlos

Comment

I'm trying, but I keep running into the same results as you. Have you tried Wheelwhores?

Originally posted by Zic
      i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Originally posted by Okin View Post
        I'm trying, but I keep running into the same results as you. Have you tried Wheelwhores?
        Hey, thank you! I've definitely tried on wheel whores, but to no avail, it seems quite slow on that site actually.
        What I REALLY want to more than any other info on these wheels would definitely be measurements from other sets of wheel lips (ie 18in Futuras, or any other 40 Bolt 18in lips). I can buy custom lips for my wheels, but I'd prefer some OE lips from a different manufacturer and it would more than likely be cheaper too.

Thanks again for posting!

If anyone knows any measurements for other 18 inch 40 bolts lips please let me know!

- Carlos

Comment

Working...
        X