Refurbishing wheel (Rial Daytona)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing wheel (Rial Daytona)

I just picked up a set of Rial Daytonas for e90 330i. The lips are all okay, but the wheel centers need some TLC.

I'm looking to take the easy way out and performing the work with the tires on and wheel fully assembled. If what i'm looking to do can't be achieved without disassembling the wheels, can someone point me in the direction on how to take apart a multi-piece wheel?

If i use paint stripper (Aircraft remover) on the wheel centers will this affect the lip? The lip has no clear coat. its straight polished. After the centers are stripped of paint, I was planning on polishing the centers

or

Anyone have input on how to paint the wheels masking off the lips/tires?

Pics for fun

I'm assuming the dark paint under the silver is some sort of primer coat and aluminum beyond that? please correct me if i'm wrong.

i always thouht rials were 2 piece, so the lips comes off and then the center and barrel are one piece, best way would be to take tires off, and then the lips, then get them blasted or stripped then you can do what you want to them
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

actually now that i think about it, can i just touch up the paint?

any recommendations on paints that will match?

Comment

is the pain chipping off? if it's stuck to the wheel well u can just scuff it up with a 400 grit sandpaper mask up the wheel and repaint over it.

Comment

I would disassemble the wheels to paint them, You will get a much better finish on them.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

where can i get the tool to remove the bolts in the wheels? sorry for the noobish question.

Comment

Nevermind. Holy ancient BUMP. Oooops
              drift

Comment

Working...
              X