E36 offset and tire size q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 offset and tire size q's

Alright, I can't afford new wheels but i'm trying to get my fitment a bit better. Currently i'm dropped on zero clearance coils, on 18x8 et 40 front 18x9 et 45 rear. Fail. I'm putting a 10mm spacer up front to get things a little more flush w/ the fender, now i'm just trying to figure out the rear. What offset do you guys think for a slight amount of poke? And I was thinking of swapping the 225/40's up front to the rear, and a 205/40 up front. Throw me some suggestions!

18x8 is weak, and et40 is even weaker. you need a 20 to 30mm spacer front and 20 to the rear.
    i would go with a 205/35 and 215/35 toyo proxes t1r, look at my build for the e36, i used 18x8,5 spaced 15front and 20rear on 215/35 toyo proxes t1r.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

In order to get the front even remotely good you need a 40mm. 8" wheels have to be run at 0 or lower. In the back you need at least a 20mm.

Hopefully you didn't waste your money on a 10mm because its not going to help.

Comment

Hm i guess you still have the old wheels that you posted before, i would highly suggest to save money and buy something else, because those wheels don't do the car justice, ollie has a set for sale 18x8,5 et13 bbs RK on the sale section, they would suite your car well, with some 205/40's - 215/35's - 205/35's. thats my opinion about it.
        Last edited by Zic; 10-22-2010, 12:47 PM.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Thanks guys.. and no I didn't waste money on the spacers, they have been sitting in my toolbox for about a year... And thanks Zic for pointing me towards the RK's. Always loved that wheel.

Comment

anything to help out mate, so you are gonna grab them?
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Considering it. Always wanted an all black wheel on my car, and love the RK. And the offsets are right on...

Comment

Go for it!
                -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Interested to see what you do! Love the ZC coils, so you should have no problem pushing one of the most aggressive setups on here

When I had my 18x8s, the only acceptable tire I could find is a 205/35/18 Toyo t1r. Thats the only manufacturer/tire in that size in the states, so they're kinda expensive tho.... I had 215/35/18s as well, and they were just alright. However, I hadn't mounted a 205/40/18, so I can't comment on that size.

As for offsets, anything between et20 and et10 will suit your needs. I'm at et17 (9.5 inches wide - with 215/40/17), and I'm lovin it! Just the right amount of poke to see the wheel lip, and the right amount of stretch for the e36 front fenders, which is a bit difficult to find.

Go for those RKs tho! +rep for ollie. reputable guy.

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Comment

I have a similar question. I have a '95 318i sedan and I'm in the process of installing a vogtland non adjustable Jr. cup kit with a 1.6 front and 1.0 rear drop, I just picked up a set of 18x7.5" wheels with tires they're 245 45 18 rear and 215 45 18 front with an offset of 37 will these fit my car without problems? Also the wheels are 5 on 4.5 and stock e36 is 5 on 120mm I found adapters for these wheels but they're 1" thick will this push my wheels out too far?? Do I need to roll the fenders front or rear?
                    Here is a pic of the wheels, they should look real good with some bmw center caps!

I also have a set of Borbet type H 16 x 7.5" that will bolt right up if the 18s won't work, would like to slam it on the 18s though!
                    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                    X