Post your custom wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
    they must be powdercoated or anodized. if you paint them, it would just come off when you went to bolt the wheel back together. looks like powder to me

No, thats wrong.

You bolt the wheels together from the back, the bolts are "forced" so they sit snuggly in place, and then you use a nut from the back and bolt it together, Its not like you need to "hold" on the head of the bolt with anything.

And excuse my poor english, if you dont understand what im trying to say.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Yea, style 5's use a splined bolt, there is no tool that touches the front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
        No, thats wrong.

You bolt the wheels together from the back, the bolts are "forced" so they sit snuggly in place, and then you use a nut from the back and bolt it together, Its not like you need to "hold" on the head of the bolt with anything.

And excuse my poor english, if you dont understand what im trying to say.

This might not be entirely true either. I refinished a set of Porsche 3.6 wheels last year where I powdercoated the bolt heads red to match my Mk3. When reassembling, I had to hold them in place by the bolt head or they would spin and I could not tighten the bolt on the back. I wind up using a an old set of my wives leggins over the bolt head, and then slipping the 12pt socket over that. I never tightened from the front, just held the bolt so it wouldn't spin. After a day the bolts were snug and the silicone was dry enough to keep the bolts from spinning Then I went back and torqued to 20ftlbs.

PAtrick

Comment

• For the wheels in question, style 5's, there is no use for a tool on the front. You can paint them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blown Wide Open View Post
            This might not be entirely true either. I refinished a set of Porsche 3.6 wheels last year where I powdercoated the bolt heads red to match my Mk3. When reassembling, I had to hold them in place by the bolt head or they would spin and I could not tighten the bolt on the back. I wind up using a an old set of my wives leggins over the bolt head, and then slipping the 12pt socket over that. I never tightened from the front, just held the bolt so it wouldn't spin. After a day the bolts were snug and the silicone was dry enough to keep the bolts from spinning Then I went back and torqued to 20ftlbs.

PAtrick
            Well, He did not ask about Porsche 3,6 wheels. But about style5. And they use split bolts, and theres no use for a tool in the front, and they can be painted
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
              Well, He did not ask about Porsche 3,6 wheels. But about style5. And they use split bolts, and theres no use for a tool in the front, and they can be painted
              Don't see much of a difference between multi peice wheels, weather they are BBS RS, Porsche 3.6, Image, Kerscher ect, unless you know of a special fastener. What are these split bolts you speak of?

I can only assume this is not it..

My interest is peaked.

PAtrick

Comment

• A lot of split wheels do not use splined bolts like Style 5's. The spline holds the bolt in place so you do not have to put a wrench on the front of the bolt. On other (non-splined) bolts you would have to have a wrench on both sides of the bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blown Wide Open View Post
                  Don't see much of a difference between multi peice wheels, weather they are BBS RS, Porsche 3.6, Image, Kerscher ect, unless you know of a special fastener. What are these split bolts you speak of?

I can only assume this is not it..

My interest is peaked.

PAtrick
                  These are people that have actually split and reassembled style5's. So I'll take their word for it. And it does vary from wheel to wheel. It seems like you assume every split is the same.
                  |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    Painted and polished with custom center caps.

First post of the thread. Painted bolts.

In this pic you can see that the bolts are completely smooth, no way for a tool to hold them.

Comment

• Originally posted by tackeeA3 View Post
                      I'm so sorry to repost this but Damn,,, where can I buy spike rivets????

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Royal_T View Post
                        I'm so sorry to repost this but Damn,,, where can I buy spike rivets????
                        At Black Forest Industries we manufacture performance parts for your VW / Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Porsche, and Mini but we also provide maintenance repair parts as well. Keep your ride on the road, make it faster, or make it look better than it did on the showroom floor!

TUNERSHOP is the #1 online shop for alloy wheels, lowering springs, coilovers, wheel spacers and other tuning parts for your vehicle | FAST DELIVERY WORLDWIDE

All are great places for spiked bolts.

PAtrick

Comment

• for the bolt discussion, read this description. most wheels that i have seen and rebuilt need a tool on the front and are not splined. these are for RS. until seandub posted that pic of the green bbs, i had not seen bolts without a pattern on them

At Black Forest Industries we manufacture performance parts for your VW / Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Porsche, and Mini but we also provide maintenance repair parts as well. Keep your ride on the road, make it faster, or make it look better than it did on the showroom floor!
                          sigpic
                          1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                          1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• any style 5's ive built you had to tap the bolts home which could lead to damage I guess

Comment

• Work Rezax II --- 8,5" & 10,5" x 19"

Here's mine.

I have changed original chrome bolts and center caps to gold ones.

sigpic

Comment

• My 15" stockies aren't worth putting up. This thread has given me ideas, though. Some of these wheels/rides are sick.

Comment

Working...
                                X