HAHAHAHA it's about time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
    c'mon guy, that shit is almost fucking idential. There are thousands of six spoke wheel designs but i have a hard time telling a rota apart from volks. Your gonna tell me that jmags just happen to look like mugen m7's too because its a 7 spoke wheel. There is no innocence in this.

a walrus is not an alligator, so that is not ripping them off. Its different. The laws allow for that and that's absolutely fine with me. If they tried putting a fucking alligator on their clothes, you bet your ass Lacoste would sue the shit out of them.

and this shows that you know nothing about the factors that determine the price of a product. Volk doesnt sit there and go, you know what, lets just charge like oh i dont know.... 3 grand for this shit right here, im sure people will buy it.
    All of this.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

(comparison site of legit vs. fake wheels)
      Last edited by jasonklee; 09-08-2010, 11:06 AM.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I want a fake wheels dot com sticker!
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by HKSpeed View Post
          Rays should beat Rota at their own game and start producing a line of low-budget aggressive offset wheels made in some poor country. japanese tire companies do it (Yokohama makes budget tires in Singapore; Sumitomo makes cheap Falkens in Thailand). If Rays made a line of wheels that people knew were parts of Rays (without making it obvious) and sold them for $50 more per wheel than Rotas, I'm sure people would pay alittle more for the name.

the problem is there is no middle ground for wheels. you either drop $2500 on Volks and SSRs or $800 on Rotas. There's no reputable brand thats in the middle. I suppose Enkei and TSW fit that range.
          Mackin already produces G-Games wheels which are priced lower than Volks

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I wish tthe sarbanes-oxley act reaquired companies to publicly disclose their code of ethics. Id love to see rotas

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              And there you go, that is exactly what Mackin has done here. You just proved their point while trying to defeat it.. Good job, you're an idiot.

And you are doing what now?
              I understand the letter, I am talking about all of you, the people in this thread.
              And how am I bitching? I am simply stating the facts.

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post

Karl, I think you completely missed the point of the e-mail Mackin sent. They would rather lose the business of said dealers who sell both Mackin products and their replicas than just sit and "take it" that other people are ripping off their products. They're standing up for themselves and it might lose them some business, but they're backing their own company.

From a vendor perspective... Completely agree with them selling both products. They're there to make money and they can make money from both - especially the replicas as of course, they will sell more than the more expensive, but "real" counterpart. They both have their places in this industry, but what Mackin is trying to say is that they do not condone people "ripping off" their hard work to sell at a lower quality and cheaper price just to make a buck.
              Originally posted by Rally View Post
              There are literally an infinite number of possible designs for a 6 spoke wheel. The replicas are DIRECT copies right down to every little detail. It's not like they're just two "similar" designs.

Just because something happens every day in other venues doesn't make it morally right. I think it's disgusting no matter what venue it's coming from.
              They are not exact, the Rotas for instance are much more concave and have thicker spokes. They are very similar for sure.

And what do you do for work? Do you work in an industry where things are sold? I bet I can find a similar situation with you.
              Real name is James

Comment

There is more than just one company and more than just one wheel that they are copying

bah who am i kidding those look nothing alike

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by jasonklee View Post
                  http://fakewheels.com/

(comparison site of legit vs. fake wheels)

Ronals... fakes? hmmm.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    There is more than just one company and more than just one wheel that they are copying

bah who am i kidding those look nothing alike
                    duh, one is bronze

lol
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                      All data and information provided on this site is for entertainment purposes only. FakeWheels.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                      Originally posted by Oxer
                      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                        And the images.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSpackler View Post
                          They are not exact, the Rotas for instance are much more concave and have thicker spokes. They are very similar for sure.
                          I'm not sure which wheels you're using in your example, but the differences you listed are VERY VERY minor and probably hardly noticeable from the untrained eye.

The law only requires a substantial similarity to deem something an illegal copy. If there are minor differences that would be looked over by your average customer such as a slight change in spoke width, that's not considered enough difference. In the case of any of the replicas I've seen, they are all blatant copies and would be considered to be infringement.

An example being a ralph lauren shirt and a fake one. If the polo player on the horse was facing the opposite direction, you might point that out as a difference and say it's not a copy. More than likely the court would disagree because it would still be considered as having a substantial similarity and would be deemed a copy.
                          Last edited by Rally; 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

No guys he's right because this isn't an exact rip off.

Real logos.

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSpackler View Post
                              I understand the letter, I am talking about all of you, the people in this thread.
                              And how am I bitching? I am simply stating the facts.

And what do you do for work? Do you work in an industry where things are sold? I bet I can find a similar situation with you.
                              All I have to say is that you are an idiot if you really think that the Rota's aren't copies. I have seen both side by side, and unless I was sitting there with a ruler I would never be able to see size difference.

You know you are a really good troll right. GTFO.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                All I have to say is that you are an idiot if you really think that the Rota's aren't copies. I have seen both side by side, and unless I was sitting there with a ruler I would never be able to see size difference.

You know you are a really good troll right. GTFO.
                                Kielan- The "troll" your referring to happens to be a very well respected member of StanceWorks and has had more quality "real" wheels then most on here.

While I disagree with his reasoning within this thread, he doesn't deserve to be called a "troll" or told to GTFO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Leave the name calling for the playground.

Comment

Working...
                                X