No announcement yet.

The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also have some curb rash from the previous owner... Just some good elbow grease and 150/200 grit ? Then 500,600,2000,2500 and 3000? Want a nice polished lip finish but gotta get the rash out first.. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My cars;
    1998 1jzgte M3
    1991 318is
    1998 740il
    1996 1jzgte Toyota soarer - sold
    1989 325is - sold

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyLizards45 View Post

I used a paint stripper called Jasco. Its comes as a gel and you apply with a paint brush. A couple of passes with that and all of the clear coat was gone. And I'd recommend going past 2k grit and using 2500 then 3000
      Yeah, I was told about Jasco, going to grab some soon. I'm busy doing a motor swap right now but having the clear chemically stripped will really speed things up and actually motivate me to get at finishing the wheels. I may as well keep going with the finer grits if it will make a difference. Wanna do the polishing once then just maintain it and keep it clean. Do not want to go through all this and end up wishing I had done it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanceee View Post
        Anyone have any suggestions on getting 2 stripped nuts off ? Forgot to spray them before I started taking the nuts off and 2 stripped 😔.. My only thoughts are to drill them out

I would personally go at them with a cutoff wheel on a dremel. Small enough to be precise and not get into anything you don't want it to but if you get a decent one it should be good enough to cut through it.

Originally posted by Stanceee View Post
        Also have some curb rash from the previous owner... Just some good elbow grease and 150/200 grit ? Then 500,600,2000,2500 and 3000? Want a nice polished lip finish but gotta get the rash out first.. Thanks!

I've been smoothing light rash with 220, when I do my M-Systems I'm going to need something more abrasive as they are curbed pretty badly in some spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
          I would personally go at them with a cutoff wheel on a dremel. Small enough to be precise and not get into anything you don't want it to but if you get a decent one it should be good enough to cut through it.

I've been smoothing light rash with 220, when I do my M-Systems I'm going to need something more abrasive as they are curbed pretty badly in some spots.

Alright, thank you.. Will take 220 to it first and see how that goes.

Might try heating the bolt and using a vise grip or something before I try any cutting/drilling
          My cars;
          1998 1jzgte M3
          1991 318is
          1998 740il
          1996 1jzgte Toyota soarer - sold
          1989 325is - sold

Comment

• No custom barrels yet?

Sup fellas.. Glad to see this thread is still going hard and proud with some sick projects on here.. Had them, Loved them, Had to sell em' But after a while am thinking about them now and will possibly (most likely) get them again..

But I cant believe that with all the commotion/over popularity of this wheel there is yet anyone reproducing the wider/narrower barrels?

really do we have to spend hours on the net "hoping" to find a set for sale? then after you find it and your like only to read: SOLD

So far this is ALL I got:

* On ecstuning you can buy the 17x9 at $471 a piece.
            * Anyone got dealer quotes?? if they stilll sell them anywho.

Lil too much maybe? considering thats what the whole set costs!

Comment

• oh yeah fore i forget..

Those 3 piece Style 5s >>> are full of Win period.. Keep building them haha

Except I like the unique style of the 1 piece barrel/lip combo that makes it look so different.

Comment

• All that work and then the wife was like nope, so they've been repainted and are for sale

Detail by jasonwithers, on Flickr
                Jason
                flickr
                build thread

Comment

• Took me about 5 weeks to refinish but looks perfect on my '71 BMW E9.

2003 BMW 540it
                  2008 Lexus IS350
                  1987 Toyota Soarer Z20
                  1983 Porsche 911sc
                  1971 BMW 2800cs
                  1956 VW Oval Beetle

Comment

• Detail by jasonwithers, on Flickr
                    Jason
                    flickr
                    build thread

Comment

• Pretty. I need to get on mine. I've had them apart and ready for polish and powdercoat for like 2 months now and they haven't budged. haha

Comment

• Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr
                        Ricky

2013 Focus Titanium
                        1987 BMW 635

Comment

• Just finished mine. Will be used as trackday wheels!

E30M3 S50B32

*F*puristS*

Comment

• I just bought a set. This thread is giving me ideas on how to refinish them. lol

things to come by Three Liter Turbo Photography, on Flickr

It's a work in progress^
                            Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                            Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

• heres mine
                              18x8
                              bbs by Pete_White, on Flickr
                              follow me on IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Horsepower View Post
                                Just finished mine. Will be used as trackday wheels!

MotorSport Hardware + those wheels + those tires make my pp go boing.

Comment

Working...
                                X