The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flycaper View Post
    no prob. paul at ewheelworks hooked me up nice.

:-)

Originally posted by bimmerspotter View Post
    i think those are actually enkei's. enkei specially makes mesh wheels for rocket bunny. definitely not reverse mounted style 5's though
    They are BBS RS guys

Originally posted by David91107 View Post
    Did these sell?
    I have sets for sale
    EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
    ewheelworks.com
    facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
    IG - ewheelworks
    Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

• According to BBS the white/gold caps are not available for RS wheels, well at least not the RS version with 3 tabs. Do love them though.

I have seen these old school BMW Motorsport logo's offered. I don't remember what they are called, but I believe it was painted on metal and you have to glue it on, which put me off.

Not sure if these are such a set?

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

• Originally posted by Withers View Post
        Has anyone had material shaved off to increase offset? Looking to gain up to 5mm but I'm not sure how much we could safely shave.
        Mine are in process. I requested a staggered milling on the back pad of 10mm and 15mm and they said it was no problem. This will bring final offsets to 30 and 35 respectively. I need to stop procrastinating and get center caps

Comment

• Selling mine...wife has been nothing but supportive with all of my FRS suspension bits. I don't want to take her Forester because I'm being quoted 3 weeks to 1 month for refinish on top of that. I'm just getting run-of-the-mill RPF1s.

Comment

• Tire size for e46 sedan

Hi guys, I'm looking for some info on what tires I should buy for my set of 5s.

I don't want to run skinny tires (205s) if I can avoid it. My E46 sedan is slightly dropped and I'd like to know if I can get away with 225s.

What tires are you E46 guys using?

Thanks

Comment

• Just picked up a set of these things last thursday. Starting the refinish on them. Will be the first set of wheels I properly refinish. Some random pics:

Picked them up for $200. Two need to be straightened, and they all need some cosmetic love. They're not totally fubar'd but they're rougher than what the pics show. I think $200 was a fair price.

Dirty as hell with brake dust. Some wheel acid and general purpose cleaner at work fixed that up.

You can kind of see how "imperfect" the finish is on them

Looks like OP tried to spray paint three of them but then changed his mind

Bought a triple square socket and brought them home friday night. Couldn't help but want to 'test fit' them, even though they're the same spec as the front wheels on my car now, and close to the same in the rear.

Got down to business taking them apart

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Started wet sanding today. So many blisters

Are you guys doing anything special to remove the factory clear coat or just sucking it up and wet sanding it all off? Mine have some real rough spots so I'm using 220 wet to start with, then going to 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000, then polish.

Comment

• BBS RC090 AZE edition

Halo,

warm greetings from Azerbaijan,Baku. Here is my BBS RC090 . Handmade 100%

Guess about correct tyre size for rear 9J. Anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by e1000 View Post
                  Halo,

warm greetings from Azerbaijan,Baku. Here is my BBS RC090 . Handmade 100%

Guess about correct tyre size for rear 9J. Anyone know?

Very nice...

Standard BMW Tyre sizes for 9jx17" are as follows:

e34 & e39 - 255/40/17
                  e31 & e32 - 265/40/17

C.

Comment

• I have 215/40R17 on 17x9j wheels on my E30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                      I have 215/40R17 on 17x9j wheels on my E30.
                      Do you have any photos? And is it anyone has such size on e46?

Comment

• I don't have any photos of the new size and the car is off the road right now for repairs. I may be able to find some photos of it on the old tire size-225/45R17 which should be same as factory diameter on E46. I still had stretch but the sidewall was too tall for e30, that's why I switched to 215-40.

Comment

• hello. I'm sorry but I speak bad English. I have a SILVER BMW e46 sedan. I just bought a 090 bbs rc set. and I do not know what color is the wheel set. polished edges but the center is what color? I do not want black and silver so please help me. I want to custom color! thank you
                          this my car : https://scontent-b-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/...44788147_o.jpg

Comment

• Are you going to lower the car? I think a wild colour would only look right on a car that's low, otherwise best to stick with silver.

As far as colours go, I'd say some kind of blue would work well.

Comment

• Are you guys doing anything special to remove the factory clear coat or just sucking it up and wet sanding it all off? Mine have some real rough spots so I'm using 220 wet to start with, then going to 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000, then polish.[/QUOTE]

I used a paint stripper called Jasco. Its comes as a gel and you apply with a paint brush. A couple of passes with that and all of the clear coat was gone. And I'd recommend going past 2k grit and using 2500 then 3000

Comment

• Anyone have any suggestions on getting 2 stripped nuts off ? Forgot to spray them before I started taking the nuts off and 2 stripped 😔.. My only thoughts are to drill them out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                My cars;
                                1998 1jzgte M3
                                1991 318is
                                1998 740il
                                1996 1jzgte Toyota soarer - sold
                                1989 325is - sold

Comment

Working...
                                X