No announcement yet.

The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video done and edited by Rollhard.net team of Cristian's E36 Stanceworks Romania .

Comment

• my daily compact from ger on styling 5 (rollin on M5 turbines in the future ^_^)

two more shots - trip to italy yeah!!!

sorry for bad pic quality
      Last edited by tttomek88; 07-26-2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• guys i have some questions....

so i'm putting my style 5's back together. the centers & bolts are powdercoated and lips polished.

so i smack the face back into the barrel and it is a bit tight. i'm assuming it's from the powdercoating. there is a bit of powder on the area where the face meets the lip. i smack one side and the other side lifts a bit...

question1: most threads i've read people say they just "seat in"... mines are not quite seating in with ease. is it because of the powdercoating or are all style 5's a bit tight going back together?

question 2: i'm wondering if once i get the bolts torqued back down will it kinda pull the face center and flat?... or should i dremel a bit of the powdercoat off the area that meets the lip?...

question 3: is it ok to smack the bolts back into the lip front the front?... i've kinda given them a light smack with a piece of wood and a rubber mallet just to get them started, is it ok to knock them into the lip as opposed to bolting the nut on from the back and slowly going in a star pattern and torquing down?...

thanks guys for your input!! getting these things refurbished has been a step by step process from hell!!...

mark

Comment

• heres a couple pics of mine, bad lighting, iphone pics....

17x8 et 20 square. face, inner barrels & bolt heads powder coated foundary silver. lips polished

Comment

• ^
            1st: Don't smash them down, they should be long enought that you just tighten them from 'inside'

2nd: Depending on coating, if you sandplast or some otherway take off the original coating then yes there should be coating aswell..

Some old Styling 5 related picture:
            Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
            Now: MB W211 320cdi
            Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

• Here's my 18" Style 5's!

Comment

• Originally posted by kwest View Post
                Here's my 18" Style 5's!
                Where did you get your bolts from?
                All the places Ive looked are out of stock for the gold bbs bolts
                EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Comment

• BBS rc090 Gold - enjoying the summer time of 2012 in Bucharest/Romania:

Comment

• What I did was hit the bolts in slightly with a hammer covered in a towel. Then when the splines are just slightly in I tightened them from the back and it pulls them down.

The face should be snug and I would just hit them from the back until they seat mostly in and begin tightening bolts, the face will seat in eventually

Comment

• thanks guys for the tips! hope all goes well!

Comment

• Slow and steady wins the race. Got sidetracked restoring a set of enkeis. Bolts were polished then nickel finished.

Comment

• nice shot in Romania!
                          91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                          ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

• Love the nickel finish it's exactly what I wanted to do. How much did it cost?

Comment

• Under $100

Comment

• Originally posted by animal View Post
                                nice shot in Romania!
                                thanx !

Comment

Working...
                                X