Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dieseldubber View Post

Still can't get those bolts out..
    What I did was took a pry bar, and bent them in towards the center a little bit. When I say little I mean little. Just enough to loosen them. Then one or two good taps with a punch and hammer, theyll fall right out.

At first I tried hitting them with just a hammer, didn't work very well. Banged up the back lip and the bolts.

Next I tried to punch them out with a punch and hammer. Get a 5 or 6 good hits in and they come out. I mostly just hit my fingers. Or the punch jumped off the edge of the bolt.

Then I realized if I angled the punch they came out easier. And after a few successes I realized what was happening. The bolts were tilting in the hole and that made them come out easier.

So that's when I figured out the pry bar trick. But that's only if you AREN'T going to reuse the stock bolts. (I purchased 120 chrome RS bolts) Because the pressure of the pry bar may f-up the threads and you really dont want to have to use a die to clean up the threads on 120 bolts.

Comment

• when i removed mine i laid the wheel down, took a 3/8" extension, 6" long and placed the female end over the threaded section of the bolt and knocked them out...worked like a charm! no damage to any bolts either

Comment

• Originally posted by fouckhest View Post
        when i removed mine i laid the wheel down, took a 3/8" extension, 6" long and placed the female end over the threaded section of the bolt and knocked them out...worked like a charm! no damage to any bolts either
        +1 on me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Devo View Post
          thread nut on a turn or so, take socket and extention and hammer them out from back side. They are splined, so they are in there very tightly
          Thanks a lot I finally got it to work, not all but close, then I can finally get to polishing!

Comment

• Comment

• Old pic

Got new adapters since, putting me at 18x9 et10 front and et0 rear

New shots from SoWo hopefully

Originally posted by Byron View Post
              That would be a very good guess lol. I'm trying to get 33's for the back and 37's for up front before SoWo
              SoWo eh? Where you staying? I'll be there myself.
              E90 on Style 5s - SOLD
              Honda Fit on BBS RS - SOLD
              E46 on M-Pars - SOLD
              F22 on VMR - SOLD
              BRZ on BBS RS - SOLD

E38 on BBS RS

Comment

• 17x10.5 235/40(side wall is to big imo) rears not your average style 5's

Comment

• Does anyone know what the actual center of the wheel is? its not steel.

Comment

• Originally posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
                    Does anyone know what the actual center of the wheel is? its not steel.
                    Plastic for the center cap, and belive the faces is cast aluminium.

Comment

• Finally finished mine, this is what I got....

Oh yeaaaaahhh....

Comment

• E90 on Style 5s - SOLD
                        E46 on M-Pars - SOLD
                        F22 on VMR - SOLD
                        BRZ on BBS RS - SOLD

E38 on BBS RS

Comment

• Comment

• BUY MINE!

E90 on Style 5s - SOLD
                            E46 on M-Pars - SOLD
                            F22 on VMR - SOLD
                            BRZ on BBS RS - SOLD

E38 on BBS RS

Comment

• Style 5's NOT on a bimmer: (my car)

car is currently under the knife with a "make it or break it" situation. If everything turns out well, then i'm repainting the centers white.
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Quick mock up

Comment

Working...
                                X