The BBS RC 090/BMW Style 5 wheels thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post

Dead on, when I was redoing my wheels I did this for the fun of it and mounted them..

Comment

Let me put it this way...

8x17 ET20, which these are stock, fits without fender modifications as the wheel sits slightly INWARDS the fenders.

8x17 ET-45 would stick out 6,5 cm more. Without major bodywork, my ass. You'd have to run double digits negative camber to make that work with just a heavy pull.

For example, I had to do a relatively heavy pull for my 9.5x17 ET13s - which still sit about 3,9cm farther inwards than the 8x17 ET-45.

NOT possible without HEAVY fender work.

Sorry if this comes off like a douche, that statement about making ET -45 work without major fender work just cracks me up.
      this.

the first time i saw this i was like there is no way. please prove me wrong. I actually thought about the saftety because i wouldnt think the bolts would spline properly to the barrel. And the whole chemistry/design of the wheel will be thrown off. I know certain wheels can be reverse mounted i.e epilson "southern ways" , but im iffy on this one.

Hope you make this work, if so youll be a legend

Comment

• Another thought, putting air in the tire may be a problem..
        Last edited by roof_rack; 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Let me put it this way...

8x17 ET20, which these are stock, fits without fender modifications as the wheel sits slightly INWARDS the fenders.

8x17 ET-45 would stick out 6,5 cm more. Without major bodywork, my ass. You'd have to run double digits negative camber to make that work with just a heavy pull.

For example, I had to do a relatively heavy pull for my 9.5x17 ET13s - which still sit about 3,9cm farther inwards than the 8x17 ET-45.

NOT possible without HEAVY fender work.

Sorry if this comes off like a douche, that statement about making ET -45 work without major fender work just cracks me up.

haha, your fine. i held mine up and it needed about 2 inches i am awaiting paint too so now would be the time. i actually figured up the offset wrong too.
          Last edited by iwannabeam3; 01-10-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Some of these,

Plus some of these guys here

anddd this guy

in the process of refinishing, polished lips, and im thinking darker grey centers / red w/ gold lettering center caps..not sure what color hardware i want to do yet...polished or gold?

See you in the spring time fellas!

Edit -

thinking about going full polish now..
            Last edited by roof_rack; 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yanric View Post
              Hello everyone,here is my BBS 8j &9jx17

Hi guys! Are the rear fenders body-worked on that e36 or a stock one?
              I look forward to buying a set of staggering 090 8jx17 et20 9jx17 et22 and was just wondering if 9j will fit my e36 coupe and won't rubber rear arches?

Comment

• got a question for the people of this thread. My cars going to be painted laguna seca in less than a month and my centers are going to be orange since everybody and their fucking grandma polishs the lip. i want mine to be colored something different than the orange or blue. so guys what color? only requirement is BRIGHT colors

Comment

• Polishing them would make them bright. Bright colored wheels look stupid.

Comment

• My first time ever polishing wheels, did them by hand, i think i did a pretty decent job.

gonna get more compound and try for a more "clear" mirror, but well see what happens...i dont know how much more higher of a polish im gonna be able to get by hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickBlais View Post
                      Polishing them would make them bright. Bright colored wheels look stupid.
                      Wasn't asking for those opinions. Polishing them is like everyone else
                      Last edited by iwannabeam3; 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• On a leguna seca blue car, i would do completely white, with gold hardware, gold center cap. that will be plenty bright. Imo, anything other than polished, white, gold, dark grey, normal silver, or black just looks very cheesy on these wheels.

Comment

• i wanna keep the orange center though. ive thought about white barrels though.

Comment

• stupid question but where do you all get the new emblems from?

Comment

• Individual Genuine BBS Replacement Logo Center Caps. We offer a full line of replacement authentic BBS Logo Center Caps. Please review the details of the center caps carefully. Caps are priced individually. Center caps are not eligible for returns or exchanges.

or black forest industries

Comment

• My project finally coming together.

Starting point:

Splitted:

Paint:

New stepped lips (custom made in germany):

Almost finished:

Comment

Working...
                                X