No announcement yet.

E36 appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post

So much win!
      Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatsBFc View Post
        My boy Cameron doin it gangsta!

nice! never liked those wheels till just now! more pics please

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
        form>function
        "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

• Originally posted by harry_p View Post
          Thought i'd join to whore some pics of my car after spotting a link on another forum,
          e36 316i compact on e34 m5 turbines

it's now been sold, and replaced with an e36 m3 saloon
          God I like M systems with the turbine caps

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

• it really needed the 9in rears, but i love them. so understated and so functional, to most people they just look like cheap plastic trims. i had them imported from germany as i've only ever seen a handfull of sets for sale in the uk.

needed more low, but ran out of thread on the coilies and i drive too fast on bad roads to risk removing the helper and had to take a runup at the speedbump to get out of our work carpark so it didnt get beached

Comment

• Not stanced yet. But maybe will.

Comment

• Dr. AK killed. it. Nothing more stunning than a stock (M-styled) E36 vert with hard top and a nice set of BBS mesh wheel.

But what's up with that and the Compact with the styling 5s? Stock arches, barely a stretched tyre and still the deep dish rear fit with ease. From that amount of dish, I'd still say it's the 9" rears unless the 8" also have that kind of lip, although both still have a low(er) offset.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

• theyre 9" et22 with 235 40 tyres, arches were pulled, before the tyre jammed solid in the arch. it's just a very subtle pull that took about an hour a side with two jacks and a length of scaffold pipe, i like arches that have more room but look totally stock.

it still scrubbed the writing off the sidewall, but it was a daily / parts getter and has to cope with shopping, diy store trips and the school run.

this is the stock rear arch with 8" et20 and 215 40 tyre

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                    Dr. AK killed. it. Nothing more stunning than a stock (M-styled) E36 vert with hard top and a nice set of BBS mesh wheel.

But what's up with that and the Compact with the styling 5s? Stock arches, barely a stretched tyre and still the deep dish rear fit with ease. From that amount of dish, I'd still say it's the 9" rears unless the 8" also have that kind of lip, although both still have a low(er) offset.
                    The Vert has the following specs:

Front:
                    No fender work
                    8x17 ET20
                    205/40/17

Rear:
                    Arches rolled
                    9x17 ET22
                    215/40/17

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• the m3 that has replaced the compact, still on stock springs

Comment

• more pics of the blonde?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          The Vert has the following specs:

Front:
                          No fender work
                          8x17 ET20
                          205/40/17

Rear:
                          Arches rolled
                          9x17 ET22
                          215/40/17
                          Hmm so just rolled. That gives what, 3~5mm more clearance? Anyways, maybe it's just me, but the lip looks so much deeper than my 9" RS's with ET26, much more than the extra 4mm offset. Maybe it's because the lip is flat and not stepped/slanted. I can't think of anything else why E32/E34 style 5's fit so easily.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                            Hmm so just rolled. That gives what, 3~5mm more clearance? Anyways, maybe it's just me, but the lip looks so much deeper than my 9" RS's with ET26, much more than the extra 4mm offset. Maybe it's because the lip is flat and not stepped/slanted. I can't think of anything else why E32/E34 style 5's fit so easily.
                            Rolling the fenders, at least in the rear, probably gives upwards of 10mm of clearance. The flat lip inside the fender is fairly large.

In any case, 8J ET20 and 9J ET22 were never a tight fit with stretched tires. That's why most people run spacers on their Style 5's. The difference between 8J ET20 and 9J ET22 is only 10.7mm, and if people run 10-20mm spacers on their 8J Style 5's, the 9J's obviously fit easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry_p View Post
                              the m3 that has replaced the compact, still on stock springs
                              More!
                              Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

• New here, not overly stanced but ill get more pics soon...
                                Attached Files
                                Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X