Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres mine...

Comment

• anyone have pics of an e24 slammed on 16s?
      -Jason
      91 Lagunengrun 325i
      88 635csi (Parted & Crushed)

Comment

• I can't find where I read it but I think this is on 16's in this photo.....someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by EtownC View Post

Comment

• He posted in here that his setup was 17x10 17x11. I haven't been able to find a single e24 thats really low on 16s.

:edit: unless those are different wheel, cant really tell
          -Jason
          91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

• The 17x10 & 11's were the gold Epsilons, previous to that were gold RS I think and before that were the above black centre ARE's(I think I read they were) and were 16's.

Comment

• time to do some build thread creepin lmao
              -Jason
              91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

• See what you find, but I'm positive I read it somewhere....if not in here, then probably in one of his other threads. Post any other pics you happen to find.....this thread needs more pics!

Comment

• Are these 16 inch faces converted to 17s? I have 34 bolt 16" bbs rs so that might be a route that I can take

-Jason
                  91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

• They certainly look to be 16in centres with 17in lips with that bolt shelf being the width that it is. To go that route you'd either have to find RS198 lips and barrels as they're 17's that accept 16in centres(there might be other models that do to, but I know those do for sure), or customs from somewhere like Rotiform etc.

Where'd you find that photo, any more wild E24's where that one came from?

Comment

• found it here: http://www.jdmeuro.com/bmw-e24-6-series-wide-bbs-rs/

you need specific bbs rs parts to convert 16 to 17? from what I was reading I thought it just mattered if the 17s lip and barrels were 34 or 30 hole, and since my 16 rs's are 34 hole they'd work with 34 hole 17s?

idk I still have a lot more research to do before I go down that route haha now I just need to see if an e24 on 16s is too damn low lmao
                      -Jason
                      91 Lagunengrun 325i

Comment

• here are some pics of mine with smaller wheels 15s and 16s

16x8.5 act ls mesh et10

15x8.5 et-20 enkei 62

16x8 gta mesh

build thread with more pics:
                        Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• ^^^Nice, I like it on the last meshies!

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                          found it here: http://www.jdmeuro.com/bmw-e24-6-series-wide-bbs-rs/

you need specific bbs rs parts to convert 16 to 17? from what I was reading I thought it just mattered if the 17s lip and barrels were 34 or 30 hole, and since my 16 rs's are 34 hole they'd work with 34 hole 17s?

idk I still have a lot more research to do before I go down that route haha now I just need to see if an e24 on 16s is too damn low lmao
                          There are only a few 17in BBS lips/barrels that will accept 16in centres. All 16's and 17's have 34 holes(maybe some early 16's had 30), but the centre diameters are slightly different. So for example, RS198 are 17x8.5 ET13 which are the exact same sizes and offsets as RS212's which are also 17x8.5 ET13 but the RS198 use 16in centres and special lips/barrels to suit, where the RS212 are the true 17in version that will accept any off the shelf aftermarket 17in lips etc. So to make your 16in centres into 17's you'll need specific parts, either the rarer lips/barrels that BBS put out or custom made ones. It might be easier to just find some 17in specific RS, like RS212 or RS197 etc etc and widen them.

Also nice find on that link.....that E24 looks so tough dumped on those dished RS, I wonder if it's on custom coilovers or air, I'd guess the latter.
                          Last edited by Beware; 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• this is my favorite thread on s/w. keep them coming!
                            shitbox eg hatch.
                            bmw e36.
                            dc integra jdm type r.
                            del sol.

Comment

• My euro on some 17" style 5's

Comment

• [quote16x8 gta mesh
                                [/quote]

Dude please get bigger wheels. Or just more tire. Your car is to low to have tire gap like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X