BMW E24 Six Series Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
    Bumping this back up and start the new page with a couple of pics of mine on some fresh wheels.

Damn!!!! That's REALLY good looking man! Love those wheels!
    Ricky

2013 Focus Titanium
    1987 BMW 635

Comment

• Epic cars fellas! Finally finished the wheels along with a bit of body work - cheers for the wheel advice Beware here's a few pics:

Comment

• Got some work to do still, the rear needs to be a dropped a wee bit an maybe the front, not ideal on the Scottish roads though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgnatetske View Post
          Got some work to do still, the rear needs to be a dropped a wee bit an maybe the front, not ideal on the Scottish roads though.
          Nicely done. Wheel specs?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgnatetske View Post
            Epic cars fellas! Finally finished the wheels along with a bit of body work - cheers for the wheel advice Beware here's a few pics:

Looks good! I was scrolling down and came to the pic, and thought they looked very similar to mine....then saw you mention me and had to go back through my PM's as a reminder to our conversations. Good to see you got some sorted and on.....gold and black works really well, can't go wrong! What widths/tyres did you end up going for?

One of mine on it's RS from late last year(looks better if you click and zoom).....

Comment

• Originally posted by heyitzsushiboi View Post
              Nicely done. Wheel specs?
              Thanks man I don't have the exact offsets, but i basically rebuilt the original BBS RSs with 6" barrels all-round, 3" dishes up front and 4" dishes at the rear.
              The fronts don't have much room on the inside, was literally clearing the srut by a baw-hair, so using a 10mm spacer there but the rear's have heaps of room, like everyone says, an 11" rim would fit in there no bother. But i couldn't find a 5" dish

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                Looks good! I was scrolling down and came to the pic, and thought they looked very similar to mine....then saw you mention me and had to go back through my PM's as a reminder to our conversations. Good to see you got some sorted and on.....gold and black works really well, can't go wrong! What widths/tyres did you end up going for?

One of mine on it's RS from late last year(looks better if you click and zoom).....

Yeah man, got some good advice from you In the end i rebuilt the wheels with 6" barrels and 3" and 4" lips. So they measured up roughly at 9.5j and 10.5j. Fitted a set of 215/45 on the front and 235/45 on the rear. Made a mistake and ordered a 235/45 for the front as well which resulted in ripping my bumper off haha.

Yours is sitting perfect at the back, I'm going to sort mine out soon, i cant go any lower at the rear without machining the strut housings (aluminium so easily done), a wee project for the autumn. I've dropped the front another 20mm, so it sits much nicer than in those pics.

Any more plans for yours? New wheels looks awesome!

Comment

• I can imagine a 235/45 would do some damage up front, my 225/45's just touched so I had to do some very careful panel manipulation where the bumper attaches.

No more plans for mine, maybe 1 more set of wheels(got some, but have them for sale at the moment), but we'll see.....I may sell it soon, 2 years is usually when I feel the need for something different and that's at the end of the year.

I could go another 10-15mm lower at the back, but I can barely get in my driveway as it is now so I can't go lower at the front, so it'll stay as is....I'm happy with the look and ride quality as it sits.

Comment

• My car
                    Untitled by Ricky Shull, on Flickr

Ricky

2013 Focus Titanium
                    1987 BMW 635

Comment

• GREAT thread !

Comment

• Looking through this thread again really motivated me to get going on my car again.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by Louism View Post

Are these 17 or 18's? I cant tell

Comment

• Originally posted by z33k View Post
                            Are these 17 or 18's? I cant tell
                            I remember reading that they were 17's. Looks like it also since my 18's looks like they fill in the gap little more.
                            Daily Driver: 2007 BMW 550i
                            Project: 1985 BMW 635csi

Project SmurfShark - BMW e24 Build thread
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...09#post1340209

http://instagram.com/xerxes310

Comment

• I just wanna say that I like your post and I appreciate it.
                              Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Comment

• '87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                                X