No announcement yet.

The Rattle Can Paintjob Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i can tell you right now that alot of those vw's arent rattle cans.

they are hod rod flatz sprayed through a gun.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Neither is the alfa, bennorz wtf you yappin bout? The pin stripes?

Although that job with a roller is probably more impressive

Comment

definiately TRUTH Jaze.

with spray cans you will not get the smooth semi-shine as you do with hot rod flatz sprayed through an actual gun. cans easily produce patches of dry overspray & have increased margin of error as the spray area increases.

the majority of guys rattle canning their cars do not properly prep their body which will dramatically effect the paints overall flow & consistancy.

simply put, the more patience you have in prepping & the better control you can conjure up while spraying are all certain to be seen in your final outcome.

regardless, almost all the photos posted here look very nice.

Comment

I've done a lot of DIY spray jobs and would never rattle can a whole car. By time you bought enough spray cans to do the whole car you could buy a spray gun and a few quarts of paint to do it.

I will say that I did rattle can the jambs of my wife's wagon and they came out good. But those alone took about 6-7 cans.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Cory's car (Nelson) was rattle canned. By far the best rattle can job I have ever seen.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
              Neither is the alfa, bennorz wtf you yappin bout? The pin stripes?
              hm, i guess i can't translate the tounge you are speaking in. but taken literally, i don't see a single alfa in this whole thread?!
              aaaand i was "yappin" about the good possible outcome at the cost of a LOT of manual labor and time. who cares if the corvair was done with a roller. same rules apply to rattle can and any other method of applying paint (the crappier the method, the more time it'll take to look good)

Comment

My old car....

Originally posted by Kielan
                Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

sick, my other thread got closed. lol. but now i see this one so i dont care. =] sick cars.

Comment

Rattlecan undercoat followed by Ankor Wax on my 59 Benz. Still a work in progress.

Left the trunk lid because this was the only og paint left on the car from new with great patina.

This was her before.....
                    '69 BMW 2002
                    '07 Suzuki Swift (Wife's Car)

'87 Mercedes 230TE - Wagon love. Happy to be back in a Benz!!

"Motion is Tranquility" - Sir Stirling Moss

Comment

I am so going to rattle can my slownoma. Will post pics when its finished

Comment

I rattle canned my tank with some "OEM matched" paint and some clear. Came out okay. Still need to wetsand and buff.

Comment

say is that your "sub" woofer??

@finalbossjosh

Comment

Comment

If you havin' fitment problems I feel bad for you, son.
                              I got 99 problems but my stance ain't one.

Comment

Working...
                              X