My Mk2 Golf & my brother's '59 Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mk2 Golf & my brother's '59 Beetle

Hi, my name's Paul and I'm from Guernsey (a tiny island between England and France)

I though you'd like to see some photos of my Mk2 and my bro's Beetle, as we take our stance seriously!

It's on a Rayvern airride kit, with a notched chassis, custom front top mounts and 1.5 degree camber shims out back. Heavily rolled rear arches with G60 trims and cut fronts with stock GTi trims. The rims are genuine early Fuchs in 16x6 ET36 & 16x7 ET23.3 with 165/40 NSIIs and 20 & 15mm adapters front and rear respectively.

Unfortunately I don't have any rolling shots yet, but I assure you it's lifted just enough to get the bumper off the deck (1" at most). It still drags everywhere, that's the way it should be!

My brother currently rolls around in his '59 Bug while he waits to find the ideal base car to build a tradition Model A rod

It's on a home made 6" narrowed beam with no shock towers, and notched rear spring plates and triumph bonneville shocks. The wheels in the pictures above are just EMPI 5 Reps, 15x5.5 ET25ish, 135/70 Firestone fronts and 205/70 Bridgestone rears.

It's now rolling on original Rocket Industries 5 spokes (the original Empi 5 rip offs ), with mag style lug nuts and in a bare blasted finish. I'll get some photos up when we get some!

I hope you guys like our cars, I was browsing on here for a while before posting and there is some seriously sick stuff!

your car is perfect as far as i'm concerned. your brothers isn't nowhere near as clean as your car, but is still cool.

Comment

wow, you look to live in a really nice place. lol...the mk2 is b-e-a-uuuuutiful.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

Both those cars are bad ass. More pics.

Comment

awesome cars, love the fuchs!
          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Both cars are sick, the Mk2 is clean as hell, and the beetle is old school dopeness. A friend of mine just picked up a blue beetle, he has very similar plans for it.

Comment

Nice rides! Welcome to the site.

Comment

I like the mk2, clean car man

Comment

wow mk2 is perfect!

Comment

Very nice cars.
                    -George
                    flickr

Comment

I am a huge fan of both cars.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

fuchs.....sogood.
                        Ryan | flickr

Comment

I know your car from the vortex - that Mk2 is the tits!

The beetle is not bad as well!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Wow thanks for the all the kind words guys

The Beetle is 100% structurally sound, my brother did all the heater channels and inner wings himself, but just never got round to paint

Dr.AK can I ask where on the Vortex you saw it? Do you have a link? I only put it in one thread in the Mk2 section I think and that disappeared pretty quick

I'll put some more photos up when we get some, I have a shoot planned with a mate of mine that's well into his photography - I really need some rollers so I can see it myself

Comment

Both cars are tits, I especially like the bug.
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X