Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E34 Goodness (Coilovers, BBS, Lots of Black!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E34 Goodness (Coilovers, BBS, Lots of Black!!)

Finally got my wheel centers back from powdercoating. I also had my car at my buddies shop to get the housings modified and painted. He did a damn good job and I couldn't be happier. I ended up replacing all the bushings and upgrading to the M5 rubber up front. Also added a adjustable Dinan front sway bar and a Euro M5T Nurburg rear sway bar. I bought new rubbers for those also so that I wouldn't be back in for a long time. The suspension handles like a go kart and feels like it has to limits. It is amazing how fast you can enter turns and you still literally feel like your barely moving. I was also very impressed with the ride on the Nex coilovers. I was expecting a much harsher ride overall. It is damn firm with all my mods, but it is not jarring hard. I am so glad I went with the M5 bushings because they are tight but also have a solid feel. Well here are a couple pics of the new stance. As you can see I was test fitting my Zender bumper that I will get on in the next couple of weeks. Also you can see why I went with slightly stretched tires to fit inside my fender lips. It is actually hard to tell how low the car is in these pictures because of me squating to take them. The one with my headlights on is of me standing up so you can tell how low the front is.

1991 535iM (EML car): Schwartz/Schwartz, BBS RSII (18x8.5, 18x10), EDS Spacers (15mm, 20mm), Nex Coilovers, Full Zender body kit, HID 6000k lows/fogs, Smoked Hellas, Smoked corners, M5 filler plate, M5 sways, Mtech ZHP knob, E36 M3 Steering Wheel

Mmmm...E34. Looks really good.

Comment

Needs a bit lower og maybe another color on the centers ?
      But looks good.

Comment

Looks good, although it would look 10x better without the chrome trim.

Comment

Looking good, but the BBS needs to be OEM color and needs shadowline

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

A little lower and you'd be set

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
            form>function
            "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

My BBS rims were just powdercoated flat black, so I am not changing them anytime soon. I really didn't like them silver as it did not provide enough contrast with the polished lips. I am planning on shadowlining the window trim. I have been back and worth with whether I wanting to do it, but I have made up my mind to go ahead with it now. As for goin lower, not so sure about doing anymore in the front. It has settled since the pictures and with the Zender lips on it is really low to the ground. I do live in Michigan and the roads are pretty bad here due to the snow and salt. My Zender kit is very rare and I don't feel like catching it on every crack in the road. I will however lower the rear some more after I get a better roll on the fenders.
              1991 535iM (EML car): Schwartz/Schwartz, BBS RSII (18x8.5, 18x10), EDS Spacers (15mm, 20mm), Nex Coilovers, Full Zender body kit, HID 6000k lows/fogs, Smoked Hellas, Smoked corners, M5 filler plate, M5 sways, Mtech ZHP knob, E36 M3 Steering Wheel

Comment

Looks nice, I like that lip.

Comment

i **** you for having those wheels

other than that looks good
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

very nice!
                    2001 Honda S2000

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Comment

Looks sweet. How `bout some shots from the rear also?

Comment

Looks great to me.
                        -Rob
                        Wagon MOB
                        UsVersusThem
                        AWDfitted

Comment

I love the look of your car, think it sit perfect as a daily driver how ever i think the rim would set the car of better if you sandblasted them to an alloy color, black on back me always seems to leave me wanting. Kinka like the rims looking better on the shelf then they do once there are on the car...Maybe if your window trim wasnt chrome.. or maybe if your lip wasnt chrome the contrast would fit. just my two sense

perfect example:
                          my old z31 2+2 before sandblasting

After
                          Last edited by e34///M; 07-06-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X