The United States Of StanceWorks - 2009 Cross-Country Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
    tell me about it... I didn't think it was a big deal either, but years ago I was driving my car just after dark and rain started coming down so badly. It was all I could do to stay focused on everything around me. I either hit a pothole or something big in the road. It sounded like my wheel fell off. I wound up damaging the sidewall of the tire.
    I had to drive home in the dark with HEAVY rain, stiff as fuck E30 M3, semi worn out Toyo R888, 75% LSD after a trackday. Potholes wasn't my main concern tho. Having the car lose traction in 5th gear ALL THE TIME was the bigger issue.
    Last edited by Schieldrop; 08-01-2009, 10:18 PM.
    |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

• Originally posted by Schieldrop View Post
      I had to drive home in the dark with HEAVY rain, stiff as fuck E30 M3, semi worn out Toyo R888, 75% LSD after a trackday. Potholes wasn't my main concern tho. Having the car lose traction in 5th gear ALL THE TIME was the bigger issue.
      Damn, sounds rough. Sounds like the general consensus is that modified cars don't like rain haha. Looking forward to more pictars!
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

• We called it quits here in Odessa, TX. Gonna make the haul to El Paso and straight through to Tucson in the AM. Waking up at 2am, Pacific time.

Chapter two coming in a bit.

Comment

• when i was headed over to IA09 i thought that arkansas roads where better than TN i was draggin exhaust all over memphis. seems like a super badass trip. what u going to cali for anyway? especially with your car over heating i would have turned around and fix that shit
          '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
          '93 civic sedan tbd
          '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

• This is still the worst fun I've ever had. Sooooo tired right now, can't wait to sleep, I'll upload my pictures in a second.

Comment

• zomg watta trip hope you guys make it there in one peice, this does look like one great classic roadtrip though

stay safe guys -webb

oh and +1 on the rain x, she is my best friend

Comment

• Chapter Two: Don't Ever, Under Any Circumstance, Mess With Texas

So basically Texas is trying to kill us.

Well, we got a semi-late start today... we got on the road about 10:30. We began two hours east of Dallas, just in to texas pretty much.
                It wasn't 20 minutes in before the ominous clouds decided to let loose.

So we had to deal with rain right away, which we already explained sucks to a rather large extent.

Shortly after the rain went away, the car overheated, so we once again threw the hood on the roof which cured the problem for the day. While throwing the hood on the roof, we realized the trailer was missing a fender, which means one is off somewhere in the middle of texas. Neither of us heard or felt it come off. Fortunately there were no cars around us... Could have been bad. I'm sure there's a lecture coming from someone on BF.c or something, however, the welds were good, it somehow decided to break off.

So we pulled the other fender off to match.

And then of course, more insane rain. We got soaked putting the hood back on the car. We look retarded, I know.

So we rolled on after waiting for a bit. Eventually we cleared the rain, and a few more towns. We came to a truck stop, and after checkin' the e28, we got the guy to take a photo... of course he was wearing the perfect shirt.

More driving.

And again, Texas took its anger out on us. The exhaust came off. Hanging from the headers, we were straight draggin' it.

After a ghetto fix, we were back at it once again.

We drove some more, and the sun went down.

We decided to call it a night, and got a Hotel here in Odessa... We covered about 500 miles today. Not much, but considering the car we're driving and what we're accomplishing, I think its just fine. I challenge anyone else to do it better!

So now we're at the hotel. More Texas payback- we have a hole in one of my hydraulic lines (Power Steering and Brake Assist.. sortof a big deal considering I need to brake for the car and a trailer.)... Its absolutely pissing fluid... gonna have to come up with a fix in the AM. Hopefully I can get it to slow down.
                The trailer floor came loose in a spot as well, but that's not too big of a deal. Just have to fix 'er in the AM. Easy.

Anyway, we'll make it to Tucson tomorrow around 10am-12pm assuming TX doesn't actually kill us.

Let's hope.

Last edited by M.Burroughs; 08-01-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Ahhhh sittn at home is looking better and better

Comment

• Damn it I wish I went with ya. This is like a dakar rally mixed with the cannon ball.

Comment

• Sounds like the three of you had a full day.

I just replaced all the low pressure lines on my car a month ago. I was filling that reservoir up every morning. Sucks Donkey Nuts!

Good luck with the fix and keep us posted.

Comment

• Peepin the car form the room this morning

We pulled over to take the hood off, we got out and realized something was off

Went to the bathroom at a rest area, apparently some VW drivers had been there, painters taped sink

Sorry I didn't take more pictures today, I'll try to make up for it tomorrow

Comment

• Haha, wow. It's a good thing you came as prepared as you did!

Comment

• Thread continues to amuse and inspire. How did the exhaust come completely off? All 3 of the hangers failed?
                            Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

• God this is starting to become a pretty hellacious trip. At this point I just hope ya'll and the car actually make it there and back in one piece

Comment

• Best wishes, keep the stories comin

Comment

Working...
                                X