Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im assuming you have pulled a MKV Jetta before.
    Any tips on pulling the rear fenders and rolling and pulling the fronts?

I only need to pull about half an inch or so.

Thank in advance for your help.

Comment

• Been lucky enough to do dozens of Mk4 to Mk6 cars. ( they are essentially the same when it comes to the fender construction ). I'm kinda a VW guy

The rear has no fender lip, but can be pulled a little, it can look pretty good as long as you dont go too crazy. The only real secret here is to make sure you get a good even arc to the roll and taper it off before the arc meets the bumper. The inner fender has a step which you will have to watch for when pulling with a roller. its easy to kink the outer surface.

The fronts are straight forward, but dont over do them, its easy to kink the lip near the factory fender liner tab, go slow and use lots of heat. Also removing the inner foam piece from behind the fender liner helps

heres a couple of recent ones i've done. notice how the fenders are only very lightly pulled. its always best to leave the car as stock looking as possible but get the maximum extra clearance.

Random Mk6

VMR sponsered Mk6

Ricky's Mk5

Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Wow, you've worked on everything.....impressive.

Say I stupidly rolled up the rear fenders on my e36 M3 WITHOUT first removing the black rubber weather sealant..... How would you go about pulling the lip back down to remove that junk, so I can re-roll them for more clearance??

-Matt Yarberry

Comment

• Originally posted by Yarberrymt View Post
          Wow, you've worked on everything.....impressive.

Say I stupidly rolled up the rear fenders on my e36 M3 WITHOUT first removing the black rubber weather sealant..... How would you go about pulling the lip back down to remove that junk, so I can re-roll them for more clearance??

Well, i wouldnt say i've worked on everything... but heres an E36 M3 i did recently ( roll and pull )

No easy way to unroll a fender i'm afraid
          i've had to do it a few times for people who have done the same thing. figure about an hour a side with a cold chisel and some vise grips... and a lot of care... and lots of cursing.

The e36 rear quarters are pretty thick so you should be able to do it without damage to the outer surface

Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Next week I have a S10 to do and a 07 Subaru Legacy, any advice? I'm a bit nervous about the S10 I've never done a truck. The Legacy I'm guessing lots of heat since Subaru has some thin metal and crappy paint as I've seen with my friends STi over the years.

Thanks for all your help man I feel a lot more comfortable going into jobs after talking to you.

Did a Lexus SC300 today, went ok but didn't really enjoy that one

Comment

• Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
              Next week I have a S10 to do and a 07 Subaru Legacy, any advice? I'm a bit nervous about the S10 I've never done a truck. The Legacy I'm guessing lots of heat since Subaru has some thin metal and crappy paint as I've seen with my friends STi over the years.

Thanks for all your help man I feel a lot more comfortable going into jobs after talking to you.

trucks are easy. same basic principle.

i had to do mine with a wooden dowel because i couldnt find anyone local with a 6 lug adapter and fender roller.

Comment

• Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
                Next week I have a S10 to do and a 07 Subaru Legacy, any advice? I'm a bit nervous about the S10 I've never done a truck. The Legacy I'm guessing lots of heat since Subaru has some thin metal and crappy paint as I've seen with my friends STi over the years.

The Legacy should be straight forward, uneven welds on the rear are also a problem on the Subarus, check the back of the lips for double welds and overlapping metal, these can cause kinks if you use the roller.

Like on1wheel06 said, trucks are the same principle.
                some of the bigger ones will have 6 lugs so the roller will not fit without an adapter, the S10 should be OK though.

while its the same general principle, a lot of trucks and SUVs will have squared off fenders, these are better to work by hand the old fashioned way.

A lot of newer trucks have metal fender liners and bigger fender tabs, these take some care to work around

I did an older Toyota mini truck last week, dropped with Starion Turbo 16x8s, all done by hand and it looked awesome.

Comment

• By hand? I've never heard of this, please explain.

Comment

• old skool style, lol.

hammer and dolly, takes a lot of experience, its how they rolled and pulled fenders before the roller was invented, lol

Comment

• Got a chance to upload a few pics today. here's a few recent cars that i've worked on that kinda stood out of the crowd...

IS Lexus, this guy was told that his wheels would never fit by everyone he asked.
                      rolled, pulled and slammed, job done

lowest static Civic i've seen in a while, bit of a rescue mission this one, the wheel shop tried to roll the fenders with a baseball bat ,
                      fixed the waves and rolled it cleanly

David's Acura, did this one a while ago actually, roll and light pull, car looks great

Fox body Mustang, 18x10.5 with a super low offset and no stretch. again no one said it was possible

Comment

• any more pictures of the mustang? like before and after pics? thanks!

Comment

• i have a few pics but no real after pics with the wheels fitted.

i do a lot of Fox body cars, so i'll take better pics of the next one. its always kinda tricky working and taking pics, lol

Comment

• damn, youre good!
                            whats your best recommendation on removing weather sealant before i roll my e36 m3 rear fenders?

i love the roll and pull u did on the dakar above ^^
                            thats exactly what im looking for so any advice would be rad!
                            David

Comment

• Yes Tony!

nice work! when you over here next?

Originally posted by Geoff.T
                              E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
                              MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
                              Instagram:MexicanFab
                              YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrM3 View Post
                                damn, youre good!
                                whats your best recommendation on removing weather sealant before i roll my e36 m3 rear fenders?

i love the roll and pull u did on the dakar above ^^
                                thats exactly what im looking for so any advice would be rad!
                                Yes, this. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

-Matt Yarberry

Comment

Working...
                                X