Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread! Whats up Tony, it was a pleasure meeting you at the HF meet at Venice Beach. You're a real cool dude. I was the guy with the red E36 on the 18" RH wheels and the roofrack.

Hey I was just wondering what experiences you've had with the quarter panels flexing while rolling or pulling the rear fenders. I remember it happened on my friends s13 as I was pulling his rear fenders. They would slightly bend in then pop out as I applied more pressure. I ended up stopping and looking in to it since it was just my 3rd car I had done. I found out its common with those cars and that you have to be careful.

It also happened with an EK Civic that I did just last week except that the side it happened on had very light damage so I imagine thats what caused that side to be weak. I didn't attempt to roll and pull any further because I would **** for the quarter panel to buckle.

Oh by the way, I recall you taking pictures of my car that day. Do you still have them??
    Email to Anerum21 at Yahoo dot com

Mike
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Hey there Mike, I'll see if i can dig those pics out for you. i know i have a few.

Flexing and buckling the quarter panel is a real risk on some cars; 240sx and older Hondas seem to be the worst for it.

Rolling is normally ok, but pulling anything more than a few mm can be risky, You have to watch the metal on every pass with the roller, once the panel starts flexing the whole lenght of the arch its time to stop. Most cars will flex as you pull them, you just have to be aware of it and know when to stop.
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Anyhoo, heres a few from the last couple of weeks, anythings game ...

66 Mustang lowered and rolling on 18s, Rolled and slightly pulled the rears.

SC 400, rolled and pulled, also repaired one side after the owner had some wheel lip to fender action on the freeway : he plans to go a lot lower now

Mazda Speed actually looked pretty cool lowered with rims, still not sure about the front end on those :P

Fifth G35 this month rolled all round

keeping it real with the Westside Mexico homies. old skool rims, OZ ?

Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

nice thread, and awesome work!!!

i have a "simple" problem

i have a 05 Altima. 20x8.5 with 35 offset, 225/35/20 nexens

this isnt poke at all or much stretch, but its a ncie enough offset to sti pretty flush. problem is the rears rub tire when the coilovers are all the way down. i need to move out this lip, and should i wait and pay $80 for a shop to roll the rears (using an Eastwood) or should i just try banging/cutting the inner lip myself. cause i dont need major pull or nuthin, just need to clear the tires a little bit. thanks for ur help, and here is hopefully a good picture for example:

Comment

Looks like you just need a roll. No pull should be needed.
            SLAMMED GARAGE
            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
              nice thread, and awesome work!!!

i have a "simple" problem

i have a 05 Altima. 20x8.5 with 35 offset, 225/35/20 nexens

this isnt poke at all or much stretch, but its a ncie enough offset to sti pretty flush. problem is the rears rub tire when the coilovers are all the way down. i need to move out this lip, and should i wait and pay $80 for a shop to roll the rears (using an Eastwood) or should i just try banging/cutting the inner lip myself. cause i dont need major pull or nuthin, just need to clear the tires a little bit. thanks for ur help, and here is hopefully a good picture for example:

best thing to do is to see where the rubbing is from, a lot of the time the tabs/bolts that hold the corner on the bumper on each side are what causes it, in most cases the bolts can be removed and the tabs trimmed.

try that first, working the lip to get a little extra space is not that hard, but you have to work very slowly.

If you dont feel confident trying it, $80 is not a bad price to get it done professionaly. ( repairing a srewed up fender costs a lot more )

Comment

true that man thanks. ill see what i can do and if not, just pay to get it done. i dont mind rubbing much but it just sounds like its gonna tear the tire up if it does continuously rub.

Comment

bad rubbing will cut up the tire up eventually, its not great for the bodywork either.
                  if you can track down where the contact is, then it'll be way easier to work on a solution.

Comment

thanks for ur help man. i also talked to a guy with the same car as me, and he used a bat. now im not gonna try that at all, but i might try a rubber mallet for now... just to test it.

Comment

any tips for this?

this is an example of what some truck guys do(this was done on a wrecked fender)...

Comment

stretched tires and more camber maybe ?

Comment

Cool work!

I see you also do stretched signatures as well
                          sigpic

Comment

you know it. lol.

hows it going in Brum mate?

Comment

"a mans gotta know his limitations"

tried my old Centerlines on Jimmy's S13, needs a slight pull to fit, lol.

Comment

Quick question...

Being in SoCal, I'm sure you've rolled/pulled a few Ford Foci over the years.My wheels are perfectly flush, and I have no stretch on the tires, so rolling is a must. The Focus has a notoriously difficult rear fender to work with, as it is very thick and heavy gage. If you remember doing any, could you possibly throw some tips my way? If need be, I can grab a pick of the fenders in question, and we can go from there. Any help is VERY much appreciated

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X