Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worked on a nissan cube, man, what a car.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

i have an e46 and i had my rear fenders shaved but i want more clearance for bigger spacers.
      the guy that did it said that he could only cut so close to the edge so the panels done come apart. it kind of makes sense since ive heard there are two pieces in there.

My question is, now that they are shaved can i roll the remaining like 3-5 mm or do you think the pieces will come apart?

also can i scrape out the hard rubber stuff remaining to make room to roll them?

Comment

Its always better to remove the underseal stuff before you mess with the fenders, removing it now wont really make much difference in your case.

If you only have 3-5mm left of the lip, its going to be difficult to roll without pulling the fender out.
        in your situation, i would probably pull the fender to get more clearance.

...and yep, its a double skinned quater panel, like most cars the two panels are welded along the fender lip.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Not that he needs another endorsement but tony did my fenders as well

Flickr

Comment

any tips/tricks for an e39 5 series? i think i want to flare my rear fenders out 1/4 inch or so and widen my stock wheels, but i can hardly get a finger in there as it sits

Comment

Originally posted by marshallc View Post
              any tips/tricks for an e39 5 series? i think i want to flare my rear fenders out 1/4 inch or so and widen my stock wheels, but i can hardly get a finger in there as it sits
              biggest thing to remember on those is to clean out ALL of the underseal crap from under the rear fender lips before you start. that stuff well come back to bite you if you dont.

also, have a good idea of what you want the fender to look like before you start, dont just go at it and hope for the best, i've seen a lot of e39 cars where the rear of the lip near the bumper has been pulled out too far, it doesnt flow into the bumper line and looks awkward. its more art than science.

Comment

This is a first, even for me

pulled fenders on a Cube, two inches extra clearance and slammed to the deck

before

after

Comment

goood thread..
                  1976 Mercedes Benz W115 230.4 - AirLift
                  2012 VW Golf Mk6 GTi Edition 35 - BC Racing Coilovers
                  www.capestance.com

Comment

if it helps just one fender from being mangled, then its all good, lol.

Comment

i used a bat, hammer and heat gun and it came out awesome !

Comment

i started with a hammer and dolly back in the day

Comment

i need to do my E46 rears so bad, any tips on removing the sealer? I have the eastwood roller and ive tried about 3-4 times with no luck, fenders are actually pre rolled from factory but not nearly enough
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yeah, that sealer can be a major pain in the ass,

i normally take my time and go at it with a die grinder, you have to be very careful and work slow. but you can melt the stuff and remove it in chunks.

Also the E46 cars normally rub most at the rear part of the arch near the bumper, depending on how wide you are going, you might need to shave the arch lip back there too.

Comment

Tony is the man. Really knows his shit. It's almost unnoticeable compared to a stock tC, but it gives the rears at least 3/4"-1" more clearance for the rears, and about another 1/2" more for the fronts.
                              Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

Thanks Sam, keeping it OEM looking was the brief, those TCs have huge inner fender lips, roll and slight pull did the job.
                                car looks amazing on those rims with the killer stretch.
                                you should post some of those "lowered" pics, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X