Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to redo a rolling job after phonebooks, bats, vice grips, jack handles, gate posts, next doors cat... is very difficult to get perfect.

you can try to even out the edge of the lip with the roller, it may make it look a little more uniform but it wont be perfect. but honestly i wouldnt mess with it anymore, there is a real risk of making it worse.

i always urge people to take their time and do the job the right way. if you rush it and use the wrong method it will only take you twice as long to repair the damage.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• So I just purchased my first fender roller with hopes of knocking the fenders on my e90 out myself. However, this thread has me skeptical haha. Any tips you can offer e90 BMW specific? Besides the fact that im going to work insanely slow.
      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
        trying to redo a rolling job after phonebooks, bats, vice grips, jack handles, gate posts, next doors cat... is very difficult to get perfect.

you can try to even out the edge of the lip with the roller, it may make it look a little more uniform but it wont be perfect. but honestly i wouldnt mess with it anymore, there is a real risk of making it worse.

i always urge people to take their time and do the job the right way. if you rush it and use the wrong method it will only take you twice as long to repair the damage.
        Yea it was my first time doing the phonebook/magazine pull. Also when I first rolled the fenders a couple years ago I was dumb not removing the sealant gunk before doing so. I think I'll just be very careful get the gunk sealant out and flatten the lip back and leave it be. Later on at some point maybe I'll have a body guy do more work or possibly do some overfenders I don't know... I only drive 3-5 miles a day with it
        Instagram - @wesside

Comment

• Tony I un rolled lip cleared out gunk and re-rolled and its not perfect but looks more uniform the hard lines seemed to almost go away all the way. I got out the wavy part too for the most part. Looks much better

Btw what a pain in the ass that was started at 10am was done at 1:30pm
          Instagram - @wesside

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
            So I just purchased my first fender roller with hopes of knocking the fenders on my e90 out myself. However, this thread has me skeptical haha. Any tips you can offer e90 BMW specific? Besides the fact that im going to work insanely slow.
            Like a lot of the newer BMWs it will have a U shaped fenderlip. roll from the inside of that lip. dont try to flatten the whole thing, otherwise its pretty straight forward

Originally posted by Wesside View Post
            Tony I un rolled lip cleared out gunk and re-rolled and its not perfect but looks more uniform the hard lines seemed to almost go away all the way. I got out the wavy part too for the most part. Looks much better

Btw what a pain in the ass that was started at 10am was done at 1:30pm
            lol, welcome to my world,
            Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• I see what you mean by the U shaped lip Tony, but when you say roll form the inside of that lip do you mean to start at the top of it and work my way down? Thanks for the help man..

Comment

• just dont try to completely flatten the inner fender lip. just hit the inner part of the I_I shape. not the bottom.

Comment

• Will do, as far as pulling an all plastic fender, im assuming heat + patience are my two best friends?

Comment

• dont mess with the front fenders!

Comment

• Yeah im not going to lol. Just going to give it a roll all around.

Comment

• if its a e90 coupe chances are it will have plastic front fenders, they are better left alone.

Comment

• It's a sedan (my newest project) but, much like the coupe, it has the stupid plastic front fenders. What's weird is that the lip inside the fender (where you actually roll the fender) is metal....maybe that's common but i've never experienced it before.

Comment

• run a magnet over the fender, sedan should be metal

Comment

• Weird it's def plastic but the interior I_I lip is metal....tried doing some research but can't seem to find anything in regards to your statement. I bought the car with 32 miles off the lot so I'm 99.9 percent sure the fenders are oem...strange.

Comment

• so... how did it go?

Comment

Working...
                                X