Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any luck rolling a Ford Fusion. I'm sure other cars have the same issue I have and that's the fact there is an inner fender out back. Any tips on that. Thank you so much. I"m trying to avoid cutting the inner fender.

I have an eastwood roller and nice heat gun.

Comment

• You ever roller and pulled a 1g dsm?

Comment

• Originally posted by hock87 View Post
        i was wondering if you could tell me how to pull my fenders. I rolled them with an eastwood roller and the only rubbing i have is on my rear bumper tabs which i need to cut off. I bet you've done an Rx8, any suggestions, i like the look of it being pulled out a little and wanna go lower
        RX8s can be a bit of a job, the front on some of them as that corner light in the front, that will have to go if you want to aggressivly pull the fronts. the rears are straight forward to pull witha roller, but dont over do it, you'll buckle the quarter. pulling the rears will not help all that rubbing behind the bumper, you'll have to remove some plastic and metal

Originally posted by alfdog View Post
        Has anyone had any luck rolling a Ford Fusion. I'm sure other cars have the same issue I have and that's the fact there is an inner fender out back. Any tips on that. Thank you so much. I"m trying to avoid cutting the inner fender.

I have an eastwood roller and nice heat gun.
        you can roll it out, the inner fender will roll a little with the outer, if its rubbibg high up in the rear quarter you can carefully work it with a rubber mallet

Originally posted by boosted brit View Post
        You ever roller and pulled a 1g dsm?
        Yes sir, rears are like no other car out there, lol. a fender lip almost independent of the double skinned rear quarter. roll is easy, pull can be a nightmare.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Looking into options to do the fenders on my '66 Volvo. Crazy thick and not sure how to proceed. Ever come across any older Volvos?

Comment

• love those old Amazons, I did one a few years ago for a friend who was building a V8 powered one,
            If the fenders are rust and bondo free, then working them with a hammer/mallet and dolly works well. if you need more room you can unroll the whole fender and reshape it, thats a big job though.
            Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
              love those old Amazons, I did one a few years ago for a friend who was building a V8 powered one,
              If the fenders are rust and bondo free, then working them with a hammer/mallet and dolly works well. if you need more room you can unroll the whole fender and reshape it, thats a big job though.
              Thanks for responding!
              Thats kind of what I was afraid of. Good to hear from someone thats has been there before! They are rust and bondo free, so that may be my best bet.

Comment

• just work slow and keep checking your progress, it takes a little practice but it can really free up some space.

Comment

• I pulled my rears and they came out the right amount (see my build thread for bad pics) but I need to even the shape out more any tips?

Comment

• thats more of an art than a science.

Comment

• If I were to cut the rear fenders on my e36 how close can I go to the outside of the fender till I hit spot welds?

Comment

• if you look carefully at the fender lip you'll be able to see the spot welds.

Comment

• Hey tony, I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. If you can get that cleared out i would appreciate it!

Comment

• i have one message in the in box, lol

Comment

• Sorry if this was asked already but I didn't want to read through all 20 pgs, ever done an old Volvo 240 wagon? I'm going to hopefully be renting a roller this weekend and could use some advice since I've never tried it before. I know the heat gun and patience is key, but any other tips?
                              1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

• those old Volvo cars have pretty thick metal and the spot welding isnt always that great on the lips. depending on how much extra space you need shaving the lips might be a better option

Comment

Working...
                                X