This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vanity View Post
    I'm going with a different wheel setup and would like to get a little more room. You think you could pull and roll fenders on a 69 Camaro? I'd like to get them pulled a little bit if possible.

Old GM cars can be a major pain, i have a couple and its no easy task to pull the fenders.
    The front has a bolted metal inner fender, you will have to remove or cut it to modify the outer fender.
    The rear is doable, but doing it by hand is best, its a squared off fender on the 69 and the roller will not do a clean job.
    Also make sure no one has messed with the fenders already, its an old car and rust, bondo or bad repairs are almost always an issue.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by FunkyWagon View Post
      Ever rolled a Mini cooper S (R56)? i was told that rolling the internal metal part of the fender can fuck up the plastic flares and was told that its virtually not needed or impossible for the Mini, but some fitments do cause fender problems.
      The newer Minis are possible to work with on the rear, the front is just plastic, so minor trimming is all you can do.
      The rear has is to be done very carefully, get it wrong and the top of the plastic arch trim will no longer line up with the body, which looks terrible.
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• do you know if its possible to "pull out" the rear arches on a 93 Mercedes 190e?

its an 2.0 so doesnt have the 16v arch exstentions.

Comment

• yes it is.
          its a squared off fender, so doing it by hand is best

Comment

• loooooooooong overdue update, just been crazy busy with summer show and track season in full swing, here are a few recent jobs...

actually did this one a while ago now, Davids Z4. kinda crazy roll and pull

Carbon S63, fastest car i've worked on in a long while, crazy carbon fibre bodywork, very involved pull to clear wide 21 inch rims

e36 M3 roll and pull to fit 10.5s, owner should have it cambered by now for perfect fit.

random 911, seem to be doing one a week now

My shop car at the minute, just a little honda project, paint, drop, roll and pull,

Miguel just keeps pushing his luck... and his fenders on the Jetta, lol. more pull for new 1552 rims

old rims

little bit of old skool hammer and dolly work on an M3, wide pull

IS Lexus on 19 inch 7 series BMW rims, rolled and pulled, owner promises more low

More exotic stuff, Ferrari lowered and rolled.

very cool local Mk6, VSXXs and dumped, roll and pull

more old skool hand finished rolling, Datsun Mini with huge rims.

before

after

OEMPlus staff Golf R roll and pull

Comment

• Tony, quick q for you.

I've rolled and pulled my rear fenders but it rubs on the lettering of the sidewall under heavy load, I just need that extra 2mm of space and I'm afraid to push my luck and crack the paint.

Do you think it's still safe to push it a little bit more? its an E39 with 19x11 ET10 at the back, tires are 255/35/19

Comment

• thats difficult to answer without seeing the car. a lot depends on how the job was done and how much space you have already gained.
                the stock paint on the E39 is normally good, heat it well and cracking is almost never an issue. although the panel will begin to buckle above the bumper if you pull too much.
                you also have the option to shave the rear inner fenderlip out, its very difficult to do cleanly if you dont have experience, but go slow and take care and it will give you the 2mm you need.
                bigger bumpstops will also help.

Comment

• Tony, another silly questions.

Looking for new wheels for our E30, this time we want 15x9 at the back with some good chunks of lips, will 15x9 et0 with 205/50/15 work with just rolling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chigga View Post
                    Tony, quick q for you.

I've rolled and pulled my rear fenders but it rubs on the lettering of the sidewall under heavy load, I just need that extra 2mm of space and I'm afraid to push my luck and crack the paint.

Do you think it's still safe to push it a little bit more? its an E39 with 19x11 ET10 at the back, tires are 255/35/19
                    You should be fine Sam. My specs right now are 11 ET5 (I think) and body still looks oem.
                    Although your tires seem to be little too tall for your set up. I am sure if you put 265/30 on it, you wont have rubbing problems anymore.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                      You should be fine Sam. My specs right now are 11 ET5 (I think) and body still looks oem.
                      Although your tires seem to be little too tall for your set up. I am sure if you put 265/30 on it, you wont have rubbing problems anymore.
                      I think the Vredestein runs wider than normal, the rears are done and I just bought a pair of Dunlop Sport Maxx, so going to see where that takes me, if not then I'll shave couple mm off the centers.

any updates on the car?

Comment

• Pavel, whats up man, the offer for the shoot still stands.

15x9 et 0 with 205 has been done on an e30 for sure.

Comment

• New project. one owner 30k og miles grandpa fresh stock 68 Impala

wheels on

suspension messed with ...

Comment

• Dude that Impala ... soooo fucking sick.
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Thanks man, its just a daily driver project i'm putting together for fun.70s street machine style meets pro touring
                              30k original miles, bought from the original owner, was stock down to the steel wheels, hub caps and while walls when i got it.

Comment

• a little recent random bmw action

Comment

Working...
                                X