Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the paper pull on the fronts of both my subaru and Z, works pretty well on thinner fenders, I didn't have much luck on the rears tho. As it says in the link, your fenders must already be rolled though.

1988 300zx-t

Comment

• Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
      I apologize if it's been said earlier in the thread, but quick question about the inner side of the fender on the rear arches.

I've done my best to beat them flush with the outer fender to allow maximum tire clearance, but it's still not quite enough. Is cutting the inner fender and welding in a new bit of sheet metal the only way to get more clearance? See the 300zx link in my sig for what current roll looks like.

I'm also having a hell of a time pulling the fender with an eastwood style roller and/or the phonebook method. Hammer and dolly the next step?
      Cutting and welding the inner fender skin will not really get too much extra space ( if any ) on that car. It looks like you may be able to get a little more buy using the rollerm try a sharper angle with then roller, work slowly and keep an eye on the area over the arch, it will buckle if you are not careful.
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Jozi View Post
        Tony, or anyone else, got experience using newspaper to pull the fender? I just came across this when looking for something else: http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1207015 and wondered would it be possible on an e30. It's with the painter now so want to do something before paint gets layed.
        newspapers, magazines, phonebooks... this method will not give you a predictable result, its a total crapshoot, sometimes it works, sometimes it destroys your fender. do you really want to take the chance?

As your painter to reshape the arch with a hammer and dolly, any good bodyman worth his salt can do this easily.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
          Cutting and welding the inner fender skin will not really get too much extra space ( if any ) on that car. It looks like you may be able to get a little more buy using the rollerm try a sharper angle with then roller, work slowly and keep an eye on the area over the arch, it will buckle if you are not careful.
          Thanks for the help! Do you recommend putting heat to the area of the fender that might buckle? Or is putting airbags behind it the only way to be sure it won't?

1988 300zx-t

Comment

newspapers, magazines, phonebooks... this method will not give you a predictable result, its a total crapshoot, sometimes it works, sometimes it destroys your fender. do you really want to take the chance?

As your painter to reshape the arch with a hammer and dolly, any good bodyman worth his salt can do this easily.
            Thats a good enough answer to not try it out. I have him doing a bit of work with a hammer and dolly, not seen it yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
              Thanks for the help! Do you recommend putting heat to the area of the fender that might buckle? Or is putting airbags behind it the only way to be sure it won't?
              The airbag thing is a myth, it will not help to keep the panel straight.
              heat will help to keep the paint from chipping nothing else.

Comment

• sorry guys my mailbox was full there for a while, feel free to fire away with the questions. its now cleared.

Comment

thanks dude, hows your collection of cars coming along?
                  The Coupe looks 90% different from the PVW feature, and I've added a few other MKII's to the stable haha. Hope all is well with ya man.
                  King

Comment

• i'm looking for a good VR Mk2 Golf. hook a brother up dude.

Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

• I asked santa for a slammed black Audi D2 S8 with silver 20" BBS Lm's, maybe next year

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"

Comment

• anyone do any rolling on datsun fenders? mainly curious about 510's and Z cars (240z/260z/280z, not talkin about a 350/370 here) but also interested in trucks too, 720's and 521's...basically any datsun if anyone's got pictures or tips for datsuns shoot

Comment

• i've done a fair few old skool datsuns, let me know which in particular and what sizes and offsets you are working with

Comment

• Guess its time for an update.

Marq's Seven, rolled and pulled ...static daily driver :

pulled and rolled IS Lexus. another static drop

rolled, slight pull on a randon G35

New Three with 20's, shaved. seem to be doing a lot of these lately

Yeah, its a Fiat , rolled for custom one off rims

Another EVO, rolled and pulled

E55 Benz, slammed on 20's rolled and pulled

more to come...

Comment

• You need to move to Washington. We need a good fender guy up here.

Comment

• You come out to OC?

Comment

Working...
                                X