This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nickocosmic View Post
    thanks for the reply on that. i'm shooting for 16x8 et20, with 205/50s and about a degree or so of camber up front via some camber bolts. have you encountered any issues with the tabs and this setup? thanks again!
    depending on the drop you'll have to be very careful up and down driveways. i would go with 195/40 or 205/40 at most
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• This thread is really inspiring. I kind of butchered my fenders with a bat, and it's starting to bother me. Now I can see that there is hope for them to be repaired. Maybe even going widebody on the B5 chassis isn't as much much work as I thought... I mean damn the shit you gotta go just to roll fenders on some of these cars is crazy. The door rolling and two piece fenders, fuck that!
      Cactus Green B5 A4.

Comment

• hey bud. i sent you a text today asking about my fender. no reply. basically I got wheel hop and landed on the fender causing it to buckle. I have since pulled it back out as even as I could with a phone book, but anytime I pull out of my driveway at too much of any angle, it just buckles right back in. I believe it is because at the top of it there is a small dent that is weakening its structure. do you think it could be rolled out? or would I need to take it to a body shop. I was hoping you could take a look at it (i live in rancho cucamonga)

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
          hey bud. i sent you a text today asking about my fender. no reply. basically I got wheel hop and landed on the fender causing it to buckle. I have since pulled it back out as even as I could with a phone book, but anytime I pull out of my driveway at too much of any angle, it just buckles right back in. I believe it is because at the top of it there is a small dent that is weakening its structure. do you think it could be rolled out? or would I need to take it to a body shop. I was hoping you could take a look at it (i live in rancho cucamonga)

My phone is a Landline, oldskool style haha. so i dont get texts. try a regular call 818 368 4395.

what kind of car is it? its going to be difficult to tell without seeing it in person to be honest ( or put up some good clear pics ).
          I'm in Granada Hills, about an hour west of you.
          Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
            Never roll the LS Lexus, front or rear. its not the tabs that cause the dimples, its the holes that are left once you remove the trim strip thats screwed into the fender lips.
            Shave them with anything you are comfortable using. Be careful not to heat the metal too much with the sander, you'll burn the paint. Just take it slow and you'll be fine
            Thanks for the advice. Do you have any advice on how much to actually shave off or what to use to keep the fenders from separating?

My thoughts were to sand down with a low grit, leave maybe a 1/4in to the fender, and then smooth it out with a fine grit, and use a paint or epoxy to put a finish on it to keep it from separating (from what I hear this happens sometimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by C8V6C View Post
              Thanks for the advice. Do you have any advice on how much to actually shave off or what to use to keep the fenders from separating?

My thoughts were to sand down with a low grit, leave maybe a 1/4in to the fender, and then smooth it out with a fine grit, and use a paint or epoxy to put a finish on it to keep it from separating (from what I hear this happens sometimes?
              As long as there is no contact between the wheel and tire and the fender seperating will not be an issue. Go as close as you need to to avoid contact.

Comment

• HELP!!! haha
                What do you all think? Its going to need some work but how much? are they to wide?

Comment

As long as there is no contact between the wheel and tire and the fender seperating will not be an issue. Go as close as you need to to avoid contact.
                  Good lookin out!

I am on air, so fender touching shouldn't be an issue except maybe at park. I just wasn't sure if with heat or time, the quarter would ever separate.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

• Originally posted by Steinke View Post
                    HELP!!! haha
                    What do you all think? Its going to need some work but how much? are they to wide?

That looks easily doable dude, roll and pull ... but get a new floorjack first

Comment

• I Get the fender rolling part but how do you properly pull the fender?
                      For updates on my vert follow my instagram @alanwinsyou

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaks View Post
                        I Get the fender rolling part but how do you properly pull the fender?
                        simply by rolling with the tool a little further. go gentle as mentioned, and you will see it start to pull once the lip is rolled flat.
                        Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaks View Post
                          I Get the fender rolling part but how do you properly pull the fender?
                          There are several ways to do it, a lot depends on the type of car and how wide you need to go.

Comment

• Well I am still rubbing. Im not having much luck getting the fenders to roll/pull out enough.

Comment

• Purchase rear camber arms
                              _abbi

Comment

Low and Slow guys at it again. Mark's 350z with extreme fiment. Static !

Some serious work But is this drivabe without the wheels banging on the fenders?
                                Punto Evo. RIP
                                Omega A Caravan

Comment

Working...
                                X