Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of the gurus out there ever rolled a classic Saab 900's Fenders? I have rare factory aero fender flares, but I've never been a fan of the gaps they add to the lower panels..
    Originally posted by JC.
    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Hi! Lots of info here, been lurking for a while, this is the first time I have felt compelled to post.

What would you do about a 2 piece fender? I would like the size of the rear flares to match the fronts a little better and it would help my wheel fitment (no... not with these wheels.) Only the outside is 2 pieces, the inner fender is one piece connected to the body and the outer skin is bolted through that.

Comment

• Originally posted by soab View Post
        Have any of the gurus out there ever rolled a classic Saab 900's Fenders? I have rare factory aero fender flares, but I've never been a fan of the gaps they add to the lower panels..
        I did a set of flairs for one a long while ago, kinda like the Eduro Saab cars, very long and involved, had to modify a kit from another car, ( Starlet i think ).
        If you're not going crazy wide a gentle pull should work well.

Originally posted by bradey bunch View Post
        Hi! Lots of info here, been lurking for a while, this is the first time I have felt compelled to post.

What would you do about a 2 piece fender? I would like the size of the rear flares to match the fronts a little better and it would help my wheel fitment (no... not with these wheels.) Only the outside is 2 pieces, the inner fender is one piece connected to the body and the outer skin is bolted through that.

Those are tricky cars to work with. a fair bit of cutting and welding a new arch should get her done.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• I just got to say, tonys18t, that i love your thread and your work! Also have learned something while reading Keep up the good work!

cheers from Norway!
          Current; 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon, turbo
          1965 Plymouth Fury 2dht
          x;1969 Opel Rekord | 1966 Rambler American - Maagnuuzz@Instagram

Comment

• Good job with your rolling. It takes a bit of patience to do it right. I did my fenders and messed them up quite a bit. For some reason, one side pulled out like it was made out of dough. Had to hammer it back it in..haha

Comment

• Okay I am tardy to the party with this...how exactly would I go about pulling the front fenders on a 2007 accord 4 door?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wunderbaum View Post
                I just got to say, tonys18t, that i love your thread and your work! Also have learned something while reading Keep up the good work!

cheers from Norway!
                Thank you Sir

Originally posted by collectionsoffice View Post
                Okay I am tardy to the party with this...how exactly would I go about pulling the front fenders on a 2007 accord 4 door?
                just roll the lip and gently form a curve with the roller on the fender itself. be careful not to curl the outer lip.
                Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Sweet...thanks for the tip....this is proably the most helpful thread out there.

Comment

• Thanks dude

Comment

• Been a bit tardy on the updates, but havent had a lot of chance to take pics inbetween cars, here's a few recent victims

Acura with perfect sized rimsm took a lot of work but it was totally worth it

15x9 et0 on a Mk2 Golf, owner promises to slam it now, ( he better, if he wants to rock that plate, lol )

Random M3, great fitment,

very cool Mk3 Golf, great wheel choice, fitted to perfection

Camrys can be cool, i'm loving the XXR 526s, good looking wheel for cheap.

Comment

• Tony,

So now that I've seen what you did for Mark I'm confident that you can do the work I need done to my Wagon that we talked about. As you know what I need is much less than this with my 20" Alpina's.

I'll call you in the morning.

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"

Comment

• Tony any recommendation on a w124. I have a buddy with a Eastwood. But any tricks you may have?

Comment

• When you cut out an inner lip for someone like you did on Marq's car, what do you do with the exposed metal that's left over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight View Post
                              Tony any recommendation on a w124. I have a buddy with a Eastwood. But any tricks you may have?

The 124s are great cars to work on, its best to work the fenders by hand though, hammer and dolly style. The reason being they are squared off and not perfectly arched like most cars. You can get a nice stock looking pull on them if you work slowly and carefully.

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                              When you cut out an inner lip for someone like you did on Marq's car, what do you do with the exposed metal that's left over?
                              You can clean the inside of the lip and throw some paint or underseal on the shaved area. We're in Cali though so rust isnt really an issue here, but where the tin worm is rampant, its a must.

Comment

• What about if you have to cut through multiple layers like in an e30? Mine are rolled as flat as possible with the undercoating taken out of the inside but the sheer amount of layers of metal still make it 1/4-1/2" thick.

Comment

Working...
                                X