Fresh SRT-8 300C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
    new front bumper and sides look awful. i woulda kept the old one.
    Yeah it's definitely not everyone's personal choice, but when I head to the LX Nationals this weekend I won't have to look like the other 30 SRT's with factory covers. I rolled this look for almost two years, it was time for a change. I love the end result.

Comment

Sneak peak before the show tomorrow (well... today).

Last edited by Simans82; 09-07-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Proper. I love the fact that is is an SRT8 too. That is just a cool car. And damn you with that teaser pic. I wanna see those wheels!

Comment

Do I spot a custom lip? Hmmmmmm... seems like everyone is going custom now. I'll know about Anthony later on tonight. If I call him to see what's up and he says no, then he went. LOL.
          stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

It took 6 of us, all working over 100 hours in 5 days to complete everything. Tons of small details (none of which may make a difference to most of you), but I'm sure you can pick out a few of the subtle changes from the pics. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to come up with an answer in my current sleep deprived state of mind.

The rear diffuser has the same gloss black sprayed in between the fins. Hard to see in these pics, but I'll take a few more at ground level to show the detail:

Last edited by Simans82; 09-07-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

wheels need to be spaced out, other than that, i like it!

edit: are you running different wheels on each side?
              -Jason
              http://project-a3.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Presns3 View Post
                wheels need to be spaced out, other than that, i like it!

edit: are you running different wheels on each side?
                The wheels already rest on the highest point of the inner fender. Unfortunately, I need to do some cutting if I wanted to space the wheels. They're different sets on each side.

Comment

what'd you do with your SRT8 spoil....wait....color change? WHOA!!!! How did I miss that? Resolution on my work computer sux I guess. Wow. That was a pretty significant change man. I really dig it though. It looks COMPLETELY different now. Like a metamorphosis. Raised up, the USW wheels seem to be flush with the fenders. That's dope man. I'm not a fan of the rear lip, but it flows with the kit. So, yeah, what'd you do with your SRT8 spoiler?
                  stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                    what'd you do with your SRT8 spoil....wait....color change? WHOA!!!! How did I miss that? Resolution on my work computer sux I guess. Wow. That was a pretty significant change man. I really dig it though. It looks COMPLETELY different now. Like a metamorphosis. Raised up, the USW wheels seem to be flush with the fenders. That's dope man. I'm not a fan of the rear lip, but it flows with the kit. So, yeah, what'd you do with your SRT8 spoiler?
                    The spoiler was shot along with the car, but I've left it off for now as I think it looks cleaner without it. I may end up molding it in, I'm not sure yet. Definitely a big change, but well worth the time and energy, came out just as I was hoping. You're correct about the wheels, they sit pretty flush when they aren't completely cambered in. The rear is one of my favorite parts along with the grill. lol Definitely a different look, but as you said, seems to flow well with the rest of the kit.

Comment

There's a 300C in the next town that I always see that's pretty decent... Color matches wheels, lowered etc... Not my taste but fairly clean.

This car is sick!

Comment

Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                        There's a 300C in the next town that I always see that's pretty decent... Color matches wheels, lowered etc... Not my taste but fairly clean.

This car is sick!
                        Thanks! They're as close to a dime a dozen as it gets, but I just wanted mine to at least be clean. I think choosing this color was the right thing to do. I really love the end result.

Comment

lol, that grill is hideous. i like it overall, but i think you went a bit past the "perfect balance" stage. instead of being a clean DD now, it looks to me like a run-of-the-mill show car. but it by no means looks bad. you've just completely changed directions.

oh, and i thought i'd toss this into the mix.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            lol, that grill is hideous. i like it overall, but i think you went a bit past the "perfect balance" stage. instead of being a clean DD now, it looks to me like a run-of-the-mill show car. but it by no means looks bad. you've just completely changed directions.

oh, and i thought i'd toss this into the mix.
                            I miss that car. lol Thanks for the comments! As I've said before, it by no means will be everyone's preference that I went in this direction, but I absolutely love it. My goal was to modify this car to meet my own personal expectations 100%, and that's exactly what I've done. I absolutely love walking out to this car in the garage everyday. I've spent the last 13 years modifying all of my cars to be simple DD's, but I wanted to do something different this time around (as you hinted towards). I still think it's clean, just in a different way than a stock 300 on air with a clean set of 22's.

In regards to the grill, it was a bit of a bow from me to my buddy for helping me do everything from the renderings to the actual build. It's his one-off grill that he modified from an original deep dish grill, and he wasn't going to let the car leave the shop without it. It's grown on me now that it's on the car though. I don't **** it, but I don't love it either. Good thing it's not molded in.

I'll be out on Woodward this weekend. You gonna be around?

Comment

I love it dude and I like the fact that you are open to the opinions that have been given. Awesome stuff!
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                                I love it dude and I like the fact that you are open to the opinions that have been given. Awesome stuff!
                                Thanks Oxer! I hear a lot of opinions, and I take a lot of them and try to integrate them into the next stages of the build. There are things that people see that I never would. You can either get defensive about something, or really listen and see if it's something you'd like to change. That's a huge advantage of being on forums with a bunch of true car enthusiasts. That's just one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X