Another Polonez - Caro on bike carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Polonez - Caro on bike carbs

One more Polonez project from us, this one we helped put together for a friend of ours.

What started out as just a set of wheels and a drop quickly spiraled out of control, and soon enough the engine was out and we were sandblasting everything in sight.

Wheels are from a C4 Corvette, the engine is stock with the addition of the carburetors with velocity stacks from a Kawasaki GSX bike. As for the suspension, the front is on custom coilovers (first time we did something other than cut the springs, and we soon regretted it :p) and the rear has modified factory leaf springs.

Because this was the first time we were actually building something for somebody else, we put some more effort into the details than usual. We replaced all the lights with gray/white lenses for a monochromatic look, including the white taillights which are super rare. We also had the "Caro" logo from the C pillar remade in chrome.

We got to display the car at a local expo center during a show

This is absolutely sublime my man! Used to have a Caro as a display picture on here a long time ago!

My family has had a lot of experience with these cars before I moved to the UK, and it's common to see them at the top of every "Worst car ever made" lists haha

Me and my friends are very very keen on importing one over here to London and making a show car out of it as it's not something that's been done here before. There's only one right hand drive Polonez left registered in the UK and the owner wouldn't let it go, he just put it into a container for the winter period in fact. So look like we're going to be making a road trip to Poland to pick one up.

You should really make a build thread for your Polonez' theres a lot more people on that part of the forum and this stuff deserves a lot of attention.

Wesołych Świąt!

Comment

Thanks! Let me know when you want to come get a Polonez, perhaps I can find a good one for you here when you're ready

I'm surprised they always end up on those terrible car lists, I imagine it is because the car was practically unchanged (mechanically, anyway) for 30 years of production, and by the late 90s it was seriously outdated. In the early 70s though it wasn't really anything to scoff at (at least not in its class) and contrary to the stereotype I've found them to be very reliable.

Here in Poland someone has a RHD Caro that they restored from the ground up, it has an awesome blue interior that we didn't have for the domestic maket.

Comment

Yeah I could definitely approach you for help when we get round to picking one up, likelihood is we won't be grabbing one untill 2018 though. And when we do we'll be going down to Krakow as I have family there to house us during our trip.

Also I'm aware of that blue one, however those are some of the best photos I've seen of it so far, I'll pass them about to some friends they'd be really keen to see them.

Honestly makes me sad everytime knowing there's only 1 left in rhd in England, ah well.

And +1 on your comment, for a 70s car I can't see what the problem was with the Polonez, most of the cars on the road at that point were a bit... beige haha

Comment

Working...
        X