X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• much thanks!
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• update? these babies all shipped out or what?
      cars and stuff

Comment

• CAN I please a phone number pmed to me where I can call about info and place my order. Thanks

Comment

• Worldwide shipment?

Hey Mike,

Just wondering if you guys also ship outside US?
          For example, Holland?

And what makes these coilovers stand out from others?

Look forward hearing.

Regards,

Paul

Comment

• Paul-

Yes we do ship outside the US.

There are some reviews in the showroom forum as well as some blog posts on the homepage, regarding what makes them different.

Long story-short: we shortened the strut housings, raised the spring rates, and then matched the internal valving to the higher spring rates. We did all this while maintaining the "track heritage" that defines AST.

You won't find anything that performs better and allows you to lay frame at this price point.

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              We will be taking deposits very soon. PM me your contact info, and I will get a hold of you as soon as we do.
              Best News I have heard in months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• E30 coils would be nice but I can't see 20 guys put down the money on new, unknown coilovers. It would be rad though.
                ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

• It's a consideration actually.. We have a pretty big E30 following across the pond, so you never know.

Comment

• i would buy them for the e30 before i even buy one lol these things are bad ass. props to ast and stanceworks for a great product

Comment

• What are the spring rates on the e36 kits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        What are the spring rates on the e36 kits?
                        800 F 950 R I believe... Mike will know for sure.

Comment

• so if these are to keep inline with AST's "track heritage" why are you guys selling stuff that just fucks up the suspension geometry? The control arm angles and tie rod angles get all fucked up when people dump their cars this low without taking precautions to avoid bad roll centers and bump steer. If these coilovers really did keep "track heritage" in mind, they would cost a couple hundo more and include ball joint and tie rod spacers to correct the geometry; but, since they don't, the "track heritage" stuff is just a line of bullshit....unless you can prove otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvolvor View Post
                            so if these are to keep inline with AST's "track heritage" why are you guys selling stuff that just fucks up the suspension geometry? The control arm angles and tie rod angles get all fucked up when people dump their cars this low without taking precautions to avoid bad roll centers and bump steer. If these coilovers really did keep "track heritage" in mind, they would cost a couple hundo more and include ball joint and tie rod spacers to correct the geometry; but, since they don't, the "track heritage" stuff is just a line of bullshit....unless you can prove otherwise.
                            i think the track heritage part has to do with the quality of the suspension system. just because it is shorter than usual and ultimately designed for a car to ride lower than necessary, it still retains its well matched damper and spring combination.
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

800 F?
                              Originally posted by rvolvor View Post
                              so if these are to keep inline with AST's "track heritage" why are you guys selling stuff that just fucks up the suspension geometry? The control arm angles and tie rod angles get all fucked up when people dump their cars this low without taking precautions to avoid bad roll centers and bump steer. If these coilovers really did keep "track heritage" in mind, they would cost a couple hundo more and include ball joint and tie rod spacers to correct the geometry; but, since they don't, the "track heritage" stuff is just a line of bullshit....unless you can prove otherwise.

None of their other kits come with sway bars or polyurethane bushing kits do they? AST just sells coilovers. If somebody wanted to build a track beast around this kit then it would be their responsibility to do their homework and purchase the appropriate parts to correct any suspension geometry changes that they might experience.
                              Last edited by Paul; 09-21-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Correct.

Originally posted by rvolvor View Post
                                You're missing the simplicity of it. They simply don't go as high as other AST coils, and they go lower.

Our kits are fully capable of running perfect track-spec heights and are equally as functional and equally as capable as any comparative AST setup, or any other comparative coilover setup on the market for e36s.

I will admit though, it's quite odd hearing this argument from "one of our own".

Comment

Working...
                                X