Mercedes S210 + 3-Piece Copper + (A Little Bit of) Low =

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes S210 + 3-Piece Copper + (A Little Bit of) Low =

After 20+ BMW's over twelve years, my wife and I recently got into MB's after we purchased the car that most know me by, her 2005 E55 wagon, that's far from stock:

Then my Euro-spec C126, which is currently for sale in stock form:

And now this cherry, one-owner 75k-mile 1998 E320 that I purchased 9/17/15 from an old lady local to Atlanta its whole life. Only dealer serviced, every single record from new. This is the owner you want to buy a car from; she did everything the dealer asked her to. I think it's had more sets of wipers than it has had oil changes, LOL.

In my typical fashion, I didn't waste any time with the mods, deleting the hood star and adding a pair of black DEPO's with HID from eBay:

Then I installed a set of H&R springs with exactly one coil cut front and rear with #1 spring pads f+r and Bilstein B8 front shocks and adjusted the rear link for a total drop of approximately 2.5". Painted the calipers and rotor hats and installed Akebono Euro Ceramic pads all around:

Finally, how she sits at the moment with the coupe's old wheels: 18x9/10, +15 f+r Niche Citrine 3-piece in polished copper with 225/40 and 255/35 Nexen Nfera SU-1 tires:

So that's my eight-day progress, LOL. Plan on light tinting of the windows and side marker delete. I've been keeping an eye on a pre-facelift E55 bumper on eBay but that's just a dream at the moment as I bought this to save money!

Stay tuned as I'll update this thread as the build progresses. Thanks for looking!
    Geordie Johnston - Atlanta, GA
    1990 560 SEC Euro 300hp | 2005 E55 AMG Wagon | 1998 S210 E320

I like it! Nice work!
    sigpic

Comment

Why would you deleted the star? Thats what makes a real benz.
      Like the rest tho....

Comment

Same question about deleting the star, Benz looks weird without one.

Overall like how clean the car is, looks great for a daily driver.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
          Why would you deleted the star? Thats what makes a real benz.
          Like the rest tho....
          Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
          Same question about deleting the star, Benz looks weird without one.

Overall like how clean the car is, looks great for a daily driver.
          Thanks! Had the delete on the 211, so did it here too. On the fence about it and of course still have the star so I may put it back on.

Comment

Put the star back on and get the front down a bit more and it'll be awesome. Still cool as it is now, but it looks like it's sagging a bit in the rear since it looks like the rear is lower.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I'm anticipating the front settling another 1/4"'or so, when it will be even with the rear. Rear adjustment takes literally two minutes.

Comment

Two of my favorite Benzes are the W210 and C126. Very nice job on all three cars, however! I'm looking forward to your progress on the new wagon.
                Ricky

2013 Focus Titanium
                1987 BMW 635

Comment

I wish there was a better option for headlights than the Depos but I honestly don't think there is. Other than that good work

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuyWithACamera View Post
                    Two of my favorite Benzes are the W210 and C126. Very nice job on all three cars, however! I'm looking forward to your progress on the new wagon.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by loneStar22 View Post
                    I wish there was a better option for headlights than the Depos but I honestly don't think there is. Other than that good work
                    Agreed. Knew I had to replace the opaque stock lights and had no options but these and the chrome version. I don't **** them, plus they project a lot more light than OEM.

Comment

Awesome stable! I've followed your posts on bf.c and am glad to see you joined the darkside. I've done the same a few years back and haven't regretted it at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X