Yes, I VIP'd a Mitsubishi Galant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    And I have to consider that my body parts are incredibly rare for our cars, and I'd like very much not to scrap them down the road everyday, which is why most people go air suspension anyways.
    You might consider something like air cups and/or bags over your existing coils. You might be able to come in considerably less than you think for an air setup, especially if you go for a more simple management system.

In either case, I'll be watching to see where this goes. These cars have super cool lines and I'm pleased as can be to see one of these getting some love.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      You might consider something like air cups and/or bags over your existing coils. You might be able to come in considerably less than you think for an air setup, especially if you go for a more simple management system.

In either case, I'll be watching to see where this goes. These cars have super cool lines and I'm pleased as can be to see one of these getting some love.
      I will replace the current suspension because it has been in dire need of replacement. Fortunately I don't put many miles on the car annually. But having a air cups on coilovers would give me the necessary adjustment to clear parking lots and driveways and preserve the lips being so rare.

Comment

I know people do bag over coils with BCs and use UAS universal bags. Which is much better than a Ksport kit or trying to find another full kit

Silk Blue MK6 Jetta build
        Instagram: @justmarshallgiles

Comment

He is really dropped 3" ramong24 mind you he is a V6, going lower is not "difficult" meaning it cant go any lower but more so what happens to the driveline once going past that 3" mark. I have 2 of these things. My blue car is a 4banger that sits on Tein SS-P's and my daily sits on ISC coilovers with two collars removed up front. The the silver car (V6) vibrates like a sumbitch around 30-50 mph because of how extreme the axle angles are. I had my blue car as low as the Tein SS-P would go which is only about .25" higher than what the silver car sits on now and NEVER had any vibrations. These cars can be easy to slam and they can be hard to slam depending on which model or trim you get. The V6 are 10x more difficult than the 4 banger.

BTW FYI, D2 coilovers has the lowest setting for ride height, but the design lets the coilover threads go past the knuckle mount and end up rubbing on the CV axle boots. Not sure if the BC does this or not.

Peep the build!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
            Not a tough crowd. This is stanceworks, not "slightly lowered" works.

Bruh. We've had lifted trucks, vintage race cars, rally cars and all sorts of cars with ample ground clearance on here. "Stance" is subjective.
            ex: battle stance

Car looks damn good, but it's VIP inspired.

I can't help but to see that positive camber on the front. No bueno man.

Everyone's already said it needs to be lower, so I'll avoid from badgering you on it. Wheels, lows, and interior pillows never made anything VIP. Not even 20 years ago mane.

Keep it up I love the galant, if you wanted to go true VIP, you should have gone with an executive sedan like the Diamante though.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

Bruh. We've had lifted trucks, vintage race cars, rally cars and all sorts of cars with ample ground clearance on here. "Stance" is subjective.
              ex: battle stance

Car looks damn good, but it's VIP inspired.

I can't help but to see that positive camber on the front. No bueno man.

Everyone's already said it needs to be lower, so I'll avoid from badgering you on it. Wheels, lows, and interior pillows never made anything VIP. Not even 20 years ago mane.

Keep it up I love the galant, if you wanted to go true VIP, you should have gone with an executive sedan like the Diamante though.
              Thanks for the input. The front is negative camber, albeit only about -2* to -2.5* But without additional camber kits, or milling the camber plates of the coilovers that is all I can get from the current setup.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
                Thanks for the input. The front is negative camber, albeit only about -2* to -2.5* But without additional camber kits, or milling the camber plates of the coilovers that is all I can get from the current setup.
                It must be the angle that the shots were taken at.

The more I look at your car, the better it looks. Never really paid any attention to how lame the USDM bumpers look to these. My new neighbor drives one of these and when i see it I wish he would do something like you have done to yours.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Working...
                X