No announcement yet.

Fresh¤Photo¤Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of 'approval' is needed? If you widen them. Slam on tires. Put them on car. What is the big deal? Do you have to get wheels inspected off the car with no tires before you can mount them on the car?

Comment

• It's like this:

To run any significant modification (suspension, wheels, etc.) on your car, you have to get the modification approved by the TÜV. All the legal parts come with a set of papers which you need to get them approved specifically for your car. These papers are issued by the TÜV when they first test a exemplary model of the part and approve it for legal road use - that does not mean you're free to run the part without checking in with the TÜV first. There are basically two different papers the TÜV can issue for approval - one is a "Teilegutachten"- a part's assessment, in case of wheels it states the max load and other details like that. If your part only comes with a "Teilegutachten", you will have to get the part individually approved for your car at the local TÜV station. Wheels and suspension for example, always come only with a Teilegutachten. The other kind of papers is called the "ABE" or "Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis" - general type approval for the part, meaning you can mount it and don't have to check in with the TÜV, you only have to carry the ABE with you in the car in case of being pulled over by the police. There are some other loopholes to get an approval with different papers (most often a "Festigkeitsgutachten" - a part's strenght assessment), but I won't get into detail over that.

In this case, a set of custom made widened steels does not have any kinds of papers and so generally is impossible to get approved. Again, there are some loopholes, but they're a bit on the grey side of things.

If the police catch you driving around with not-approved parts, you'll get 3 points the traffic offense database and a hefty fine (around 130€, more if it's a repeat offense).

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• new wheels, its getting there...... still missing some parts and paint to finish them

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
          Drama you are like god
          Originally posted by SwearBear
          Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• That IC is TUCKED up in there.

Comment

• Looking good home glad you got some progress on your wheels.
              www.slammered-inc.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor View Post

Ummmmm, moar???

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                      new wheels, its getting there...... still missing some parts and paint to finish them

diggin it, care to share the offsets?
                      www.facebook.com/fckyeaFYC

Comment

• ]
                        HIGHGRADE society
                        DIGITULHEAVEN mediagroup

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                          I want wide steelies too, but the TÜV and the cops would rape me if they saw me driving around on widened steels.
                          es gibt doch einige betriebe, die stahlfelgen mit festigkeitsgutachten verbreitern. frag zB mal bei http://www.ds-tuning.com/ an. 65€ pro stück is ja grad noch im rahmen.

on topic:

walter röhrl approves of the c900

Comment

• cant wait to get this thing running, tomorrow hopefully!! been too long

Comment

• that M10 looks sick!!!! share in your build thread?

and i let go a M10B20 injection two days go due to lack of funds to buy the car where it was... so desapointing...

Comment

• Originally posted by ollycarbs View Post
                                that M10 looks sick!!!! share in your build thread?

and i let go a M10B20 injection two days go due to lack of funds to buy the car where it was... so desapointing...
                                need to throw up some more details in there, will chuck a couple more pics up in there now though

Comment

Working...
                                X