No announcement yet.

Fresh¤Photo¤Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now i do agree there are low ass cars on here but then again the name of the site is stance works and thats what its all about, nice stance!
    Last edited by allwheelaudi; 12-01-2009, 09:48 AM.
    sigpic

Euro-O-So-Low

Comment

• In this pic you can see massive rear gap, and front. When my wheels are turned that way the fender is damn near touching the tire.

Comment

• dude to be real, the damn car scrapes everywhere! the bottom of the oil pan was dented in heading to fixx fest and now with the skid plate driving the car is a hard enough job. the skid plate scrapes and freaking pulls road markers up lol. Id say give it a rest, sorry i even commented earlier if it was going to be a sore subject, just made an observation........
        sigpic

Euro-O-So-Low

Comment

• Originally posted by iskrape View Post
          thanks allwheel. awfilms: staggered blades wrapped in falken 502s 205-40r-17 and i tuck front and back at least the tread caps. skid-plate was definitely needed. i really don't feel like replacing my oil pan ever. present clearance is 1/2 inch to 2/3 inch plate to ground. iskrape everywhere!

btw: i can go the extra 1/2 all the way around buy i probably wont be able to move.
          Well there's the reason you can't go lower but it doesn't look super low. 205/45/17 is the size to go with on a MK4 to get the lowest and close up the most wheel gap. 205/40/17 is a baby tire that hardly fills the arches on a MK4 and they can get you low but will leave much more wheel gap than a better sized 205/45 or 215/40. If you want to hit less things and scrape less, get proper sized tires for the car

Originally posted by iskrape View Post
          also, most mk4s that drop are 1.8ts. Much more oil pan clearance. if i go down any further i wont move.
          False on most dropped MK4s being 1.8ts. There are plenty of super low VRs that are static

Yes this is static and its a 24v

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• nice jetta, the tire size on the vr is due to the tires were new and on his montes, pointless to buy new tires when these were straight, so he had them mounted on the vett wheels.
            sigpic

Euro-O-So-Low

Comment

• 205/40's suck on MK4's. You're BARELY tucking the front tires and you say you can't go lower?

I'm way lower than you on 215/40's from ground to fender height.
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post

In this pic you can see massive rear gap, and front. When my wheels are turned that way the fender is damn near touching the tire.
                IMG_9072s.jpg

a 205 40 on a 9.5 with a 1 inch adapter. next time around will be 215s with a 1.3 on the back remember i have insane rake on the back also

PIC-0064.jpg your running a 225? and a bmw offset

Comment

• lol.

205/40 front 215/40 rear, effective offset is +17 rear and +10 front.

Comment

• Man, sorry, but that 1st picture just shows how correct tire sizes play a huge role in stance. Your tires are too small for the drop of the car. Plus it doesn't even fill up the well at all. 215/40 and 205/45 is much better for the fronts.
                    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

• Translated its 39mm spacer in the back and 46 up front

Comment

• well despite whos lower or not i think the car looks great! has come along way in a short amount of time. heres a front shot!

sigpic

Euro-O-So-Low

Comment

• Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                          False on most dropped MK4s being 1.8ts. There are plenty of super low VRs that are static

Yes this is static and its a 24v
                          i never said vrs dont go static. its just a safer route. and if you scroll up
                          :: already stated:::

i dont have great plates to center the wheel so the rake is atrocious, a side pic would show this. thinking next time around 215s, great plates and 1.3in spacers in the back instead of 1s. i dont even have my fenders rolled.

215 will fill the gap nicely. i already knew this. i had the 205s first.

Comment

• I'm not saying the car looks bad or sucks, but the tire sizes aren't warranted and looks goofy for a MK4.

Comment

• Tire size aside, you have hella space from the top of your wheels to the bottom of your fender.

I don't know VW's that well, but I see them WAY lower, static, all the time. So I'm willing to bet that "clearance shot" of your pan, was a bullshit pic. Slammed, shot, and raised.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                                lol.

205/40 front 215/40 rear, effective offset is +17 rear and +10 front.
                                thats a nice fitment. i never said your car looks like ish. it looks great. just didnt see much stretch, thats all.

Comment

Working...
                                X