• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait that was a before picture...im confused

****CURRENT****
    2005 Volvo XC90
    2005 BMW Z4

Comment

Hey guys, I have a 6'er of my own that I'm trying to put on coils and I could use some advice on what kind of a set up to go with, I'm not looking to spend too much and I would like to do most of the work of building them.

Comment

I'm sorry man, but as a fellow e24 owner, you should know that e24 and "not looking to spend too much" don't belong in the same sentence. Really, your options are K-Sport like the OP, NEX, or Ground Control for coilovers. Ireland Engineering MIGHT have something that'll work, but you'll have to call them cause they never update their website.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
          You could replace your diff without jacking the car up.
          Win!

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
            I'm sorry man, but as a fellow e24 owner, you should know that e24 and "not looking to spend too much" don't belong in the same sentence.
            An excellent point that I know all too well hahaha I've managed to find pretty good deals on parts online so far, but yea, these beauties are not easy on the wallet

I thought about some hd bilstein shocks, a1 racing shock sleeves and I don't know what to do in terms of springs or altering the current suspension set up to be able to put them on.

Comment

now i want a 6'er!
              05 Scion xB
              84 BMW 533i

Comment

If I were you, I'd talk to Ireland Engineering. They should be able to set you up with a good coilover system for a halfway reasonable price. Don't try to order it from their website, just call. Based on what others have said on bimmerforums and bigcoupe.com, Ireland is much better to deal with than Ground Control.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Originally posted by Beanzermin View Post
                  now i want a 6'er!
                  If you want to experience large sums of money disappearing from your wallet for the smallest (but essential) parts while the M30 leaks every concievable fluid (and a few you didn't think possible) onto your garage floor, then by all means grab one.

They are beautiful though, even while they drive you out of your mind insane.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

If I were you, I'd talk to Ireland Engineering. They should be able to set you up with a good coilover system for a halfway reasonable price. Don't try to order it from their website, just call. Based on what others have said on bimmerforums and bigcoupe.com, Ireland is much better to deal with than Ground Control.
                    do you have a ballpark price on a nice setup from ireland? I have been looking into the Nex kit since its pretty budget minded ($800). I'm probably not going to be purchasing a setup until the spring, but will not have the money for the ground control setup. I want to go lower in the front and just stiffen up spring rates all around from my current billy/bav auto setup which was on the car when I purchased it.

Comment

I don't know what Ireland charges for their setup, sorry. I had looked into it a while ago, but I decided to go a different route with my car.

I had a Koni/BavAuto set up on my e28 for a while and it was ok. Suspension Techniques springs really brought it down more and are considerably stiffer.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I don't know what Ireland charges for their setup, sorry. I had looked into it a while ago, but I decided to go a different route with my car.

I had a Koni/BavAuto set up on my e28 for a while and it was ok. Suspension Techniques springs really brought it down more and are considerably stiffer.
                        yeah i know the Bav Auto's aren't the best. I cut one coil out of the front and it didn't come down much because most of that coil was just dead spring. I was debating picking up a set of the Spax springs but instead of messing with another set of springs for almost $300 I rather save some more and just do it "right" with coilovers (though don't know if the coilovers i will be purchasing/fabbing will be that great). Honestly I can put up with a shitty ride (I am dealing with it now), I just want to be able to go low. Being able to come up a little is nice too, because I live in New York for the majority of the year and the roads here are horrible... but if I am at home (delaware, or going to a meet/show), I want to be able to adjust to the height I really want.
                        Last edited by tcturbo91; 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X