How about a truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a truck.

Sup guys. Figured I'd show my truck. It's a 89 Mazda b2200. I won't talk anymore and let the pictures do it for me. Any feedback welcome.

Nice and simple. I like it, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
      Nice and simple. I like it, well done.
      Thank you very much.

Comment

No problem, got anything else planned for it?

Comment

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
          No problem, got anything else planned for it?
          Well, I need to C notch the frame for a little more clearance, need a little more front work done suspension wise just to make the ride a little smoother. But Im doing all new interior, racing style buckets (not sure what I want, brides, recaro, ect.) I'm also trying to save for a swap, Not exactly sure what i want, a lot of 5.0's are put into these type of trucks. But I really want to do a 1jz swap. I basically want to take the static stance scene from cars and put it into a truck with some power.

Comment

The only things I don't love are the red hubs and the red grille badge. Other than that, I love it!

I would love to see you do an obnoxious rotary in this thing. I'm not one of those purists that think it's gotta have a Mazda or Ford engine just 'cause it's a Mazda, but rotaries are cool.

And anyone who digs the Shanghai Garden is a friend of mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
              The only things I don't love are the red hubs and the red grille badge. Other than that, I love it!

I would love to see you do an obnoxious rotary in this thing. I'm not one of those purists that think it's gotta have a Mazda or Ford engine just 'cause it's a Mazda, but rotaries are cool.

And anyone who digs the Shanghai Garden is a friend of mine!

I am thinking about respraying the hubs back to black just because the red is getting old. And the grille will either be replaced with a full billet black grill or something else i can think of. And yeah love the Shanghai Garden / international district area, makes me feel like i'm in a different world for a little while.
              Last edited by Kmo_; 12-20-2014, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I agree. Red hubs gotta go. But other than that, nice!

Comment

Like it so far, and I miss my old bagged b2200 with a 5.0 swap that was never completed.

Comment

Whats done up front? Re-indexed bars,flipped b-joints?, bumpstop bracket removed?

Comment

Originally posted by scradley View Post
                      Whats done up front? Re-indexed bars,flipped b-joints?, bumpstop bracket removed?
                      Front is just re-indexed. Ball joints are still unmolested and the bumpstop brackets are still there. Amazing how simple torsion bar suspension is. I love it but **** it at the same time.

Comment

Looks good. Don't swap a 5.0 in it. The motor you have in the truck will take a crazy amount of boost on stock internals.

Comment

Very cool. Big turbo time
                          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by Stark_Miata View Post
                            Looks good. Don't swap a 5.0 in it. The motor you have in the truck will take a crazy amount of boost on stock internals.
                            Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                            Very cool. Big turbo time
                            Thanks guys, @Stark, the motor right now having the stock 2.2L has the famous lifter problem. What i was thinking was swapping down to the 2.0L which has solid lifters instead of hydraulic. Then just doing cams, arp head studs and slapping on a turbo.

Comment

Sweet little truck, love it!
                              WTB
                              Manaray MS6 Center Caps

'95 Z32 3.0TT LHD T-Top .:. Cruiser
                              '16 F450 6.7T Lariat Ult. .:. Tow-Rig
                              IG: @AllGoNShow / @TurboJInc

Comment

Working...
                              X