Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Stance HELP!! PLEEEASE!!

Hey everyone,

Im new here, First post actually!! Im from Brisbane Australia..

Im a huge fan of the perfect stance and might i just say there are some stunning cars with the perfect stance on this forum!!

I need some help and hints if i can get low stretched and poked on my E30..

I have a 1987 (Chrome bumper) E30 BMW 320i convertible, Shes all factory standard at the moment except for 60mm dropped springs..

I am looking at buying a set of ESM 002 BBS style rims for my car ( I wish i could afford genuines )

Specs on the rims are as follows,

ESM 002
    16x9"
    ET10 offset
    4x100
    with polished 3"stepped lip

First of all will these wheels fit on my car as it sits factory standard now..?? My main worry is clearance with the strut tower in the front guards and clearance of the guards the selves because my car does sit quite low as it is... I was thinking of running 215/40/16's up front and 225/40/16's in the rear..

Can anyone pleeease give me any helpful hint or tips on how i can make this happen, Im trying to do it with as minimal modifications as possible because i want to keep the car all standard. I also really want to make sure i can make these wheels fit before i get them shipped from the states..

Has anyone fitted or seen 16x9"s all round fitted on a standard E30..??

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Tom

16x9 is like one of the most common setups on e30's.

You will clear the strut in the front. And need about 15mm spacer in the rear, to make it flush, because of the camber. If you run a staggered setup, like 16x9 and 16x10. You will want to run the same offsets. front and rear.

Would advice you to get coilovers, because your springs will most likely be to soft, so you will rub. And i would run 215/40 all around.

Never seen 16x9 on a standard e30. Only on lowered ones. I can post pictures if you like.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      16x9 is like one of the most common setups on e30's.

You will clear the strut in the front. And need about 15mm spacer in the rear, to make it flush, because of the camber. If you run a staggered setup, like 16x9 and 16x10. You will want to run the same offsets. front and rear.

Would advice you to get coilovers, because your springs will most likely be to soft, so you will rub. And i would run 215/40 all around.

Never seen 16x9 on a standard e30. Only on lowered ones. I can post pictures if you like.
      Ahh okay sweet!! sounds good, Thanks for that Its not standard height tho, Its had a 60mm/2.5" drop all round so its pretty slammed at the moment on the standard bottlecap 14s, It scraaaaapes everywhere! Front guard sits pretty much level with front tyre (even tho is is recessed in the guard abit because they are so narrow) and rear guard is tucking like an inch of tyre (Ive got a 25mm whitewall tyre so guard sits just ontop of the wall on the rear, Looks sick!)

So yeah i was unsure about fitment of 16x9's as it sits because even with stretch the tyres would be very tight under the guards.. With how its sitting at the moment, Clearance between tyre and strut up front is tight already but if you thik i will clear the strut all is good

And yes pleeeeeeassseee everyone post pics of E30's on 16x9's if you have them

Tom
      Last edited by E30Vert; 04-22-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X